Shay #1

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by shamus, Jun 1, 2002.

1. shamus

shamus Registered Member

#1 heading into camp #4 with workers just ready to fell a few trees.

Shamus
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Having the Gauge is like having a daily R.R. magazine thanks to people like you Shamus! Your posts are as good or better than anything I've seen on the pages of MR or RMC. Keep em' coming! :cool:
  3. kettlestack

kettlestack Member

Shamus
    Your layout is absolutely full of atmosphere. Your photographic skills does it superb justice. Fact is, your pics are so clear it prompts a question ...... Where on earth did you find that spark arrester on No 1's stack???? Only one I've seen of that style is on my static "O" Rivarossi 0-4-0 1880 American.

Tyson, The Gauge is better than a magazine! :D :D (it's FREE :) )

Errol
  4. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Errol even better than free, it's interactive!!! :cool:
  5. bobrien

bobrien Member

Yup - it's free, interatcive, full of lots of goodies, - and it's got Shamus. Nothing else even comes close. Another excellent shot Shamus
  6. Vic

Vic Active Member

Oh Boy!:) Another great one Shamus!! Please keep 'em coming!!:D
  7. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Hi all, and thanks for the comments, I try my best as always to please.

Errol my friend that spark arrester on # 1's stack is a Brass one I found at a swap meet one day. I wish I had more of them.

Shamus

[​IMG]
  8. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

Shamus,
    If you could post close up shots of that stack, (top,side/s,etc.), with a scale rule in the photo, that shouldn't too hard a thing to scratch a reasonable facimile of.
    Pete
  9. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Hi Pete,
    I will do the photo for you on one condition, you make an extra one for me please. :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]
  10. Woodie

Woodie Active Member

looking good, Shamus. One of them cameras is definitely on my Chrissie pressie list! :cool:
  11. sumpter250

Shamus,
    I won't know until I see the level of detail, but if the project lends itself to molding and casting, I could make multiple parts. If not, I can still do at least one extra for you.
    Pete
  12. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Hi Pete,
    Here's the closeup of the stack.

Shamus
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

13. sumpter250

Shamus,
    Thankyou, and a sweet piece of hardware it is!

I might be able to cast the basic stack, but the cover will probably have to be done in brass. This will be a fun project.
    Pete

P.S. can you confirm the stack diameter, I guestimate it at 5'-3"
    Pete
  14. Uteram

Uteram Member

Shamus, what is the make and model of that shay? I can't tell if it's MDC, Bachmann or a brass import.

BTW, great photo as always.
  15. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Hi Pete,
    The diam is as the drawing attached.

Uteram,
    The shay is MDC kit, but I back dated it using a longer boiler and all the trimming, plus NWSL gears/shafts/flywheel. Runs as sweet.

Shamus

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

16. sumpter250

Shamus,
    Thanks for the diameter. 3/4" measures 5'-4 1/2" in HO scale, I just put recalibration of my eye on my "to do list".
    I have two projects nearing completion,( photos when done), and then I can start on the stack.
    I could see that the domes were different, but didn't detect the longer boiler. Nice work!
    Pete