roof shingle download

belg

Apr 28, 2001
New Jersey USA
Visit site
Hey Guys I'm looking for a good qaulity picture of wooden shingle roof to put on my son's school project were working in HO scale.
Can anyone help us with a downloadable source prefrably a free one?

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
Have you looked at the "I've got shingles" thread by strthoky a little bit farther on in this forum. It isn't a download, but he gives a nice tutorial on how to make shingles very easy. I think he did it in "N" scale, but the same method would work in "HO". The other thing you could use if you want to simulate composition shingles is to cut strips from either "wet or dry" sandpaper or from fine sandpaper depending on whether you want tan or black shingles. Sorry, my mistake I just reread your post and noticed that you wanted wooden shingles. I think your best bet would be Campbell shingles. They come in a bulk pack as individual shingle made to peel and stick if I remember correctly. You should be able to get them at any model train shop.

DeaconF

May 2, 2003
Owen Sound Ontario Canada
Visit site
roofing

One other thing you can look at is a web site put out by another Gauge member. I'm not sure of the complete URL but it is thortrains.hypermart.net or something like that. Also the matteboard is in the mail. Keep in mind I had to cut this stuff to fit in an envelope. this stuff comes in various lengths and colors. Just go on down to your local framing store and ask for the mattboard they send to the landfill. Hope it helps Frank