Road-over-track bridges - pics please

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Dave-the-Train, Oct 28, 2006.

1. I am looking to make my urban tracks disappear under a complex of interstate or expressway concrete (or other) overpasses as a variation on the usual tunnel scene break.

My scale is H0, era 1980s, location sort of Chicago... but I keep looking at Kansas and the bridge approaches there... I am already planning 2 levels of track... street level switching with street running and an upper level for Amtrak and through freights. (This gives me both switching to play trains with and rolling (in a circle) trains. {The whole thing is around-the-walls).

I have some pics which show me from art deco/early concrete to modern concrete slab. I'm just looking for more for inspiration.

One pic I especially like is under what I think is an art-deco overpass with a pickup waiting at a bracketed set of grade crossing flashers while a covered hopper passes across in front of it. The pickup is travelling in line with the overpass and the hopper across it.

Thanks in Advance.

All background buildings/industry and fences are interesting as well:)
  2. LoudMusic

LoudMusic Member

Look for some Dallas and Houston photos. Seems like I've seen what you're looking for there.
  3. cnw1961

cnw1961 Member

4. Dallas doesn't throw up anything yet, still working on Houston.
    I've found that website before but there are some good updates and I followed the links. Thanks both.

I'm looking for the overpasses from the road angle as well please...