Revell & Rivarossi

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by ewlsr, Feb 21, 2006.

1. ewlsr

ewlsr New Member

Does anyone know where I can find old Revell kits and the Rivarossi 3-pack log buggy set?
  2. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

Are you looking for the Revell name?, or just the kits that they used to produce?
    The Rivarossi cars will probobly be a long time before the next run, depending on how soon Hornby decides to make another run. In either case, if you want Revell, or Rivarossi, and not the next generation, you will have to scour the "shows" to try to find the old kits.
  3. ewlsr

ewlsr New Member

I'm looking for the Revell two stall engine house. I have one but would like to bash two into a larger engine house, or is there another kit out there similar to John Allen's prize winner ?
  4. Glen Haasdyk

Glen Haasdyk Active Member

I think the old revel enginehouse is now produced by IHC, am I right?
  5. RailRon

RailRon Active Member

ewlsr, do you look for the 38ft Rivarossi skeleton log cars?

Walthers is just offering them - but now in two car packs instead of three, and not exactly cheap :( . Look here.

6. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

IHC # 3500/// Walthers shows it as a back order, so I'd suspect IHC hasn't done a run for a while.
  7. Glen Haasdyk

Glen Haasdyk Active Member

Try Internet trains, they might have it.
  8. Russ Bellinis

Russ Bellinis Active Member

I think Revell sold the dies for the engine house to a bunch of companies when they got out of the model train business. I've seen that engine house offered by Pola, and I think Kibri or other European companies as well.
  9. abutt

abutt Member

The engine house was also the Bakery. I would cetainly try Ebay for this one.

10. bobstuart

bobstuart New Member

EWLSR -

I have an original Revell enginehouse kit that I picked up on eBay a couple years ago. I think I paid about $25 for it. If you're interested, you can email me at or call 913-706-8971 (cell).