Repainting passengers

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by who_dat73, Feb 25, 2006.

1. who_dat73

who_dat73 Member

Hey everybody I bought some passenger cars on ebay and would like to paint them for a different line question is as I have never done this before how do I go about masking windows so as not to paint them I was thinking maby elmers then peal it away after but wondered if that would stick to well and taping them in N scale might be a real big problem they are N scale Modle Power Southern Pacific in the orange and red orange I am planning to repaint them to a BN green with a white section in the middle that is along the windows I expermented with a brush and got so so resulta so far and thinking of using my airbrush any help would be greatly apreciated
    Thanks in advance
  2. webmaster

webmaster Member

I don't know if this will apply to these particular coaches, but I know a lot of my continental coaches used to come apart, just pull on the chassis gently. If you can separate the chassis from the body, you should find that the windows are in one clear plastic moulding, like a 4 sided box. They just fall out and are only held in place by the chassis.
    I used to take mine out to clean the dust off of them.

Hope this helps.
  3. Pitchwife

Pitchwife Dreamer

Try painting the windows with Vasaline. After the paint dries you can wipe it off and leave the windows clear.
  4. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

On my SP cars, the roof comes off and then the plastic window inserts come right out..
  5. who_dat73

who_dat73 Member

Hey thanks I had just had to pull a lil harder thought that they were glued in but this will make things a lot easer:thumb:
  6. BNSFtheLeader

BNSFtheLeader Member

What kind of model are you painting?

I would still suggest an Air brushing.
  7. who_dat73

who_dat73 Member

they are model power southern Pacific passenger cars I am converting them to bn green and white