Reis Concrete

Discussion in 'Scratchin' & Bashin'' started by jmarksbery, Jun 17, 2004.

1. Russ Bellinis

Russ Bellinis Active Member

Looks great Jim! I found part of the lighter under the column below the middle battery, right?
  2. Ray Marinaccio

Ray Marinaccio Active Member

Looks great Jim.
    Nice use of recycled items. :thumb:
  3. jmarksbery

jmarksbery Active Member

:wave: WooHoo & Hehehe, thanks alot guys. Some answers, Charlie it is funny :D you should ask, I used YOUR technique, it is real dirt piled up to some what meet the crossing, as it dried it cracked, I liked the look and left it. I them sanded it per the Chaz Act and put another coat of Elmers thinned to hold all in place.
    Siderod: Russ is right, the lighter part is under the center tank holding the column in place, there is also a lighter part on the roof acting as a vent. An hey it the batteries go caboom, then we will have a melt down accident. :rolleyes: Thanks again, Jim
  4. RailRon

RailRon Active Member

That's a great little plant, Jim!

I also like that weathered look - dirty, dusty as it's ok for a concrete plant, but just the same it doesn't look like a completely run-down industry. You got just the right amount of dirt and rust in the right places. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

5. Sir_Prize

Sir_Prize Member

I'll take one!
    Just need to:
    -Update that Ford to an 80-90's something.
    -Fill the grass with asphalt and cement, actually set the track for in street running.

What kinda payments we look'n at?
  6. CN1

CN1 Active Member

Great Stuff :thumb: :thumb: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
  7. timwatson

timwatson New Member

The truck in the foreground

Hey Jim who makes the truck in the foreground? The black dump truck I really like it ... Oh yeah and the structure ain't bad either (heehee). U r still the king of the scrap box.

8. jmarksbery

jmarksbery Active Member

:wave: Hey Tim, that one is no longer in production, if I ever get my butt in gear I could cast a couple and sent you one. I know there's that IF word! Later, lazy Jim :sleeping:
  9. cyb0rg

cyb0rg New Member

I'm amazed by the talent of some people. I never would've guessed that some everyday items were used when building this thing. Since they were mentioned beforehand, it's neat to see how they're used.

Very nice job!