Reason for my absence - Rick Nicholson

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by rsn48, Jul 31, 2004.

1. rsn48

rsn48 Member

I tried to post in trainboard but it had a bandwidth problem so I am posting here. I was called away on what appeared to be an informal medical problem for my mother on Vancouver Island. Unfortunately it was very critical and led to her death on the 13th of July in Nanaimo Regional Hospital. Because I have been staying in her place, my access to the internet has been zero and the local library won't allow me to use their system (I'm not a member).

In the midst of this crisis, my own computer permanently crashed and I have just purchased a new one. I have been bouncing back and forth between the mainland and the island, but today is the first day I have had internet access in over 6 weeks.

I am heading back to the island in about half an hour so I won't see the responses to this thread for about two weeks, but I do know that some have been wondering where I have disappeared too. I will be back, but probably not until early September.

2. cidchase

cidchase Active Member

Hi Rick,
    Our condolences to you and your family. I know it's more
    difficult for everyone when this happens so unexpectedly.
    Come on back when you can ...
  3. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

His Peace to you and your's, BC
  4. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Our Condolences to you & yours :(

Just get everything straightened out & we'll be here when you get a chance to return :)
  5. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

My thoughts and prayers, take care Rick
  6. Lightbender

Lightbender Member

My sympathies and condolences Rick.
  7. NYC-BKO

NYC-BKO Member

Sorry of your loss and my prayers are with you and your family.
  8. interurban

interurban Active Member

So sorry to here of your loss, mums are precious.
    Thoughts and prayers go out to you and yours.
  9. rksstl

rksstl Member

Our thoughts and prayers are with you, sorry to hear of your loss.
  10. rcwatkins

rcwatkins Member

Man, I'td hit me hard if I lost my mom, I wouldn't know how to function. :cry: :(
  11. Gary Pfeil

Gary Pfeil Active Member

Rick, sorry to hear of your loss. Best wishes.

12. Secret Weapon

Secret Weapon Member

Sorry for your loss :(
  13. K.V.Div

K.V.Div Member

Having lost my own mother to cancer three years ago, I understand your loss Rick :(
    I offer my deepest condolences and prayers to you and all those close to you and I hope that you all are granted the strength to weather this time of loss.
    Take Care.

14. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

Rick, sorry to hear about your loss. Losing your mother is a very difficult thing. You and yours are in our prayers.
  15. brakie

brakie Active Member

My sympathies and condolences..Talk to you when things get back to normal.Take care.
  16. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. We'll leave a light on for you.
  17. rsn48

rsn48 Member

Thanks for your thoughts folks. I back for a week or so before I run "in the dark" some more (no internet) so maybe I'll try to talk to some of you on chat in the next couple of nights. I have a new computer so maybe I won't get the boot!!!!