1. Ladies & gentlemen, I would like to announce that there is a new photo gallery section. You can create your own personal photo gallery (to include setting up your own albums). You can even post videos. You can also post and share photos in the galleries of others (if that person allows such), as well . ENJOY!!!

Ralston 20 Ton Air Dump Ore Car

Discussion in 'Plans & Blueprints' started by alpha_1, Jan 5, 2012.

1. alpha_1

alpha_1 New Member

Hi All!

Can anybody direct me to where I might find drawings of this interesting car? I'd like to build at least a brace of 'em in HO scale for my railroad, but I'm coming up dry for drawings.

There Are a few pics online, but not enough to produce a credible drawing from.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much.
  2. chooch.42

chooch.42 Member

From Ralston's website (so I guess you've got it) - can't remember where, but there was something like this commercially at one time...the pic can be enlarged on Ralston's site, showing some more detail -but no other views. It's not listed as an "Ore Car", but guess could have been so employed.

[FONT=trebuchet ms,arial,helvetica]
    [​IMG]
    200 jpg (227K) photo 140
    A 20 ton capacity Air Dump Car for the Norfolk and Western Railroad. The photo is dated March, 1909. This car was used in railroad construction.​
    [/FONT] Bob C.
  3. alpha_1

alpha_1 New Member

Rio Grand Models

Rio Grand(e) Models has one and you know, I plain forgot about it.

It actually looks pretty good, too.

Thanks for your input.

Cheers!:thumb: