Railroad TV shows

Lionelalltheway

Jun 7, 2006
I have recently been watching Tracks Ahead on PBS which talks about model railroads and real railroads and it is pretty good, does anyone else know of any other model/real railroad shows? I think they are fun to watch whenever you have some time for it.

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
Apr 4, 2005
Hainesport NJ
I have Satellite, and the channel for me atleast is 379. I think it is elsewhere to.

to be honest, i don't watch the show enough to know the exact times, and it appears to have changed on me! it was on at 9 this morning with trains of PRR's western line. Its usually on saturday mornings, and around 6 in the afterrnoon on some week days, but i'll have to check.

the other thing i noticed is that its on some days and times, but not consistently. if your cable has a guide, you could look through there once you find RFD.

Relic

Nov 6, 2005
Nova Scotia
There's one on civilization channel called great train stories about the history of railroads in Canada. Deals mostly with CP

EasyE

Mar 24, 2006
History channel has two shows worth tivo'ing, "Mega Movers" locomotive will air june17 2pm est and "Deep Sea Detectives" Train wreck in Lake Michingan june 19 10pm est

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
If you catch the History Channel just right(Usually early in the morning) they sometimes re-run episodes from their Railroad History show(I forgot the name) they ran a couple of years ago.

Dick Elmore

Aug 22, 2003
Central Illinois
Visit site
"Trains Unlimited" was a series that ran for about three years. (wild guess). Excellent series. There was one on model trains. Must have been about 30 episodes. I have all of them taped.

Dick
Texas chief:thumb:

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
The "Do It Yourself Network" aka DYI has had a series called "Working On The Railroad" on Saturday nights in the past, but it hasn't been on lately. Some of their programs get rerun from time to time, so it may come back. They basically took a Woodland Scenics kit and built a model railroad with it over a series of a half dozen or so episodes. Matthew, you posted while I was typing!

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
Dick Elmore said:
"Trains Unlimited" was a series that ran for about three years. (wild guess). Excellent series.
Thanks for joggin' the ol' brain Dick...I couldn't remember for the life of me the name of that show.
I do remember one episode on cabooses, was filmed right here in Connecticut on the Naugatuck Valley RR.