radio frequincies

Discussion in 'The Real Thing- North America' started by rksstl, Jan 6, 2004.

1. rksstl

rksstl Member

Does anyone know of a web site or book where I can find railraod radio frequincies for the St. Louis MO area.:confused:

2. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

RAdio Shack has their Polics Call Book. Also you can try

Good Luck!!
  3. babydot94513

babydot94513 Member in training

Not sure in your area ior not, but try Altamontress. com.

This guy owns the company that among several railroad/railfan related items, also publishes timetables for public use.
  4. McFortner

McFortner Member

A good site with all the AAR frequencies can be found here. It is listed by channel number and RR.

Hope it helps.

5. rksstl

rksstl Member

Thanks to all.

This is a wealth of info. Now to get out with the scanner and camera.
  6. kf4jqd

kf4jqd Active Member

Radio Freqs

Just to let everyone know. There is ONLY 100 radio frequencies (channels) used in the USA. A 100+ channel scanner would be great to have!

However, if you are a Ham Radio Operator you can find repeaters or simplex frequencies in which Hams talk about trains! Look for me on 146.475MHz and 3.913MHz LSB.

Andy aka KF4JQD
  7. Vic

Vic Active Member

Just A Word Of Caution

In this day and time, considering all that is going on being on or near railroad property with a scanner and a camera might be a bad idea (especially around a major city). Try to get written permisson from a yardmaster or division supervisor.

I know some of you have stated in the past that its your "right" to railfan, and well it should be, but we're living in a different world for now. Don't cause yourself a whole lot of inconvience by placing yourself under suspicion. Your explanation of "railfaning" may not be enough if confronted by the authorities.