Question for 11/27 - What are you working on next?

Discussion in 'The Caboose' started by MasonJar, Nov 27, 2006.

1. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

Since we asked "what are you working on now?" on the weekend, I thought I'd follow that up with "What are you working on next?" :D

So what is on the shelf, in the drawer, under the desk, or wherever you keep your future project(s)?

For me - I think some benchwork is in order before any more rolling stock or structure projects. (Except maybe that resin caboose I have to put together for a friend...)

2. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

I think bench work here too.

3. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Once I get my ballasting done, the next thing is to figure out what I want for industries and other structures and start building them. I'm going to work between doing that and finishing up the scenery as I go along.
  4. nkp174

nkp174 Active Member

I emailed the good people at Athearn about getting 4-6-2 parts from them for my NKP 160. I need to park myself in a computer lab at school and draw up my plans in CAD for the K-1a. I also need to cut end sills and file them for my DSP&P pay car...I'm planning on having the frame ready to roll before starting the sides.
  5. cidchase

cidchase Active Member

Music City Star (Nashville RTA commuter train) if I can find
    the right pieces reasonably priced. :D :D
  6. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

I'd like to get the chance to re-wire my home made crossbucks.....and make them look a bit more like the prototype :)

Attached Files:

• cb1.jpg
      File size:
      33.3 KB
  7. RonP

RonP Member of the WMRC

Next i am working on a HO scale 300 ton coal tower. Should take a good long time to complete.
  8. railohio

railohio Active Member

Probably more reading unless I stop getting deals on books. :D

For my next modeling project I'm going to build a large grain elevator with a Walthers ADM kit and some Rix metal bins. Probably also need some sort of Intermountain or Red Caboose unit train to serve it with, too...
  9. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

Replacing rail that got damged during a "Heat Wave" in the attic.
    Scratchbashing a furniture store(Gotta get a pic of it to show you)
    More benchwork.
  10. Collyn

Collyn Member

build the suspention bridge still not sure how I am going to do it
  11. Jim Krause

Jim Krause Active Member

I'm waiting until next spring to get back to my portion of the club layout. I tried working in that unheated building last winter and it ain't fun. I'm about to the tree planting stage and hopefully will have the engine house finished and ready to install at the logging camp when the weather warms up.
    eightyeightfan: We suffer from those "heat waves" on the club layout. The trackwork looks like a snake when summer comes.