Question about scratch built interchanges?

Discussion in 'Scratchin' & Bashin'' started by trainsteve2435, Aug 13, 2006.

1. Hello all, just wondering, does anyone know of any online resources for makeing my own crossings from code 100 track? Im wanting to add a couple of interchange tracks on my layout and i dont care for the looks of the Atlas crossings, there too fake looking. Also, does anyone know or have any pictures of ones that you have made so i can get an idea of what a real one may look like modelled? Thanks for your help.:wave:
  2. pgandw

pgandw Active Member

I've never built a crossing myself yet - just track and turnouts - but the day will come. In the meantime, the Yahoo handlaid track group ( is a great resource for questions about handlaid track, resources, methods and techniques, and pictures of both model and prototype.

I feel your pain about the Atlas crossings - not just the appearance, but I always seem to come up with a non-available angle or want a curved crossing to get the track plans I draw into a very limited space. When I'm drawing a plan for myself, I'm OK with curved turnouts and custom crossings. But others usually want a plan using commercial track, and the cost in very small layouts is losing a spur or operating feature.

yours in handlaid track