post your logo here

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by YakkoWarner, Jan 14, 2002.

1. YakkoWarner

YakkoWarner Member

here is my first:

Attached Files:

2. YakkoWarner

YakkoWarner Member

and my second:

Attached Files:

3. YakkoWarner

YakkoWarner Member

upguy's:

Attached Files:

4. YakkoWarner

YakkoWarner Member

Rock Island Mike's first:

Attached Files:

5. YakkoWarner

YakkoWarner Member

Rock Island Mike's second:

Attached Files:

6. YakkoWarner

YakkoWarner Member

Rock Island Mike's third:

Attached Files:

7. YakkoWarner

YakkoWarner Member

Catt's first:

Attached Files:

8. YakkoWarner

YakkoWarner Member

Catt's second:

Attached Files:

9. Bob Collins

Bob Collins Active Member

Can or will someone set up a poll so we can vote, or shall we just take what we want from those posted and apply them as we see fit?

By the way, I like them all. The red and blue one Yakko posted is a little hard to distinguish, but on a decal I don't think it would be a problem.

Bob
  10. billk

billk Active Member

to Bob Collins et al

Do you think we should wait for more entries - it's only been a couple of days. Polls aren't hard to set up, but the one used by the Gauge can have a maximum of 10 choices, and we're up to 8 now! Any ideas for a "run-off" scheme?
  11. roryglasgow

roryglasgow Active Member

Here's my contribution. The colors could vary, depending on what the logo was attached to. I was leaning towards a logo painted on the side of a box car or eighteen wheeler.

-Rory

Attached Files:

12. roryglasgow

This one is based somewhat on the logo here on the board. The sun rays kinda give a feeling of motion. Again, the colors could be varied to provide better contrast against the background...

-Rory

Attached Files:

13. roryglasgow

Then I got to thinking, "Why not do something simple and generic." That way it could be used for anything and on virtually anything. Here are some ideas:

Attached Files:

14. rockislandmike

rockislandmike Active Member

Tell you what I will; in order to allow more logos to enter, let's take my three and combine them into one. Said entry follows (i.e., forget my first three, which are similar but different - this one does away with "Acme", and is more generic).

[​IMG]
  15. Bob Collins

I think if numbers for the poll become a problem then you have a choice of a runoff or you could ask each of the artists?? to submit no more than one or two. That might be tought because several people have submitted some really good ones. What rockisland mike has done certainly goes a long way toward solving the problem.

Bob
  16. Bob Collins

Forgot to say, yes, I'd wait a few more days to close out the entries. Not too long, maybe another week. That might also give those who have submitted several the time to decide if they want to change their minds.

Bob
  17. billk

billk Active Member

Here's mine.
  18. gibbs

gibbs New Member

Here's a couple for your consideration. I've gone with a little bit of colour and some 'older' looking fonts for the text.

Attached Files:

19. Bob Collins

Scott;

Like the concept, but not so much the spelling of Gauge

Bob
  20. gibbs

gibbs New Member

Sorry 'bout the temporary dyslexia :eek: . I noticed that just after I posted it. (Please don't make me re-post it!:) ) Guess I'll start having to use my disclaimer.

(DISCLAIMER: all speling mistaks are intentional.)