POP! BOOM! CRACKLE! and HISS!

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Being mindful that the Fourth of July is approaching soon, The Robber Barron, who is always mindful of a few extra $$$$, has decided to open up a Fireworks Stand so the good folks of Homasote, Colorado can celebrate properly. Larry, Curlee and Moe are painting the signs so I don't know when they will be done if ever!!!!:D

This is another "down and dirty" model...nothing but scrap styrene and paint and glue. The "wood" floor is just a scrap of boxcar siding painted with Testor's Wood and brushed with black chalk while it was still sticky:D Please excuse some of the warps in this one...The Barron was too cheap to buy good building materials:D

Attachments

• stand1.jpg
    stand1.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 353

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Very nice Vic!:cool:
I like the results of your "wood" weathering technique...
Also like the interior detail!

BTW...Is that a layout I keep seeing in the background? :)

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Thanks Charlie

Yep, thats the Hon3 Durango Divison of the D&RGW(under construction) but its not presentable right now:( I had to let it go for over a year while being a caregiver to a very elderly Mom. Pics on it will follow as soon as I get it straightened up.:)

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
Geee whiz Vic, is there no end to your imagination? I would never in a thousand years have thought of such a stand.
I'll have two of those "Vesuvious Bangspitters" and three of those "Wheeeee Splatt, Crakle" thingies over there by the red whatsits.

Heh heh heh, I hope your narrowgauge locos are fitted with spark arrestors, especially while the roof is off.

I think it's great, just painting the detail shows your patience.

Now you have a problem though:-
On July 4th we want to see a section of your layout illuminated of course with fireworks exploding in the dark sky above. :D So go load up with the fast film :)

Errol

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Golly Errol!!!

That might be just a bit more than I can accomplish!:eek: :D But we both know the man that can...Shamus!:D Besides...I'd probably use scale powder and fuse and blow the whole darn thing to smithereens:D :D :D I did try to make a thunderstorm once using a strobe light and a tape recording.:eek: Never could get the darn thing in sync though and it scared the poor housecats so bad that they wouldn't come out from under the house for a week!!!!:D :D :D Oh well...what that saying about the best laid plans of mice and men....and cats!:confused: :D :D :D

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Too often we rely on model railroad mags to get ideas for structures when all we really need to do is look around.
Great structure and I love the interior detail Vic.

I'm waiting for your black backdrop with the fiberoptics installed in it with a flasher hooked up to different color bulbs. PICTURES PLEASE!!! The mistake alot of modellers in this hobby make is that they build spectacular models that revolve around the railroad, but they forget the little guys like your fireworks stand. I must say my friend you have done an outstanding job of detailing the interior, looks very realistic. WELL DONE.