Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by billk, Aug 18, 2001.

Are you a freelance or prottype modeler or something in between.

Poll closed Dec 2, 2002.
  1. 1 - Purest prototypical modeler, I count every rivit and every rail tie

0 vote(s)
  2. 2 - Proto modeler, do some research, but not too worried about riviets

0 vote(s)
  3. 3 - I try to stay reasonably clost to the proto, especially if it's easy to spot

0 vote(s)
  4. 4 - I loosly model a specific line

0 vote(s)
  5. 5 - I only run real road names and a specific era, but don't model a specific line.

0 vote(s)
  6. 6 - I freelance, but it has to have been possible and equipment has to match era

0 vote(s)
  7. 7 - I free lance, but try to be very believable

0 vote(s)
  8. 8 - I freelance, realism is important, but the story and era may be open and so is equipment

0 vote(s)
  9. 9 - I am free as a bird, ribet schmibit, who cares?

0 vote(s)
  1. billk

billk Active Member

So how's this poll thing work, anyway?
    Let's try one:
  2. billk

billk Active Member

3. Woodie

Woodie Active Member

Does it work?????

When I vote, (select HO) and click vote, I get a blank white screen. When i "view reults" my vote does not show.
  4. LC

LC Member

Mine did, neat idea.
  5. Peirce

Peirce Member

I just responded to the poll and it worked OK for me.
  6. billk

billk Active Member

To Woodie

Maybe there's an OZ filter enabled or something.
  7. IMRL393

IMRL393 Member

Works good for me, too !!!

Maybe there's a "Woodie filter" enabled ??!! ;)

- George
  8. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

G scale???

I model in G Scale... But there is no option for it.... :) :D :confused:
  9. Dave Hagan

Dave Hagan Member

Woodie are you still having problems voting and viewing??

Dave Hagan
  10. Partsman

Partsman Member

I just voted and viewed. Seemed to work fine for me.

As I will be modeling an HO narrow gauge, most of the model will of course be HO.

11. billk

billk Active Member

My apologies

My apologies to those who model in G gauge, HOn3, HOn30, whatever. I threw the choices togeter quickly just to see how the polls work. By the way, I'm sure there's a tale to tell on why "N Gauger" models in G scale!
  12. Partsman

Partsman Member

Ha ha ha.

Gee, billk, if you were able to think of everything, then there would be nothing to fiddle with on your railroad.

Wouldn't it be boring if everything went right the first time?:D
  13. kf4jqd

kf4jqd Active Member

For George

You are from Bettendorf, IA. I have family that lives there!!!!! I was born in Silvis,Il (home to the Rock Island Yard) and raised in Moline,Ill.

The next time I visit the family. Maybe we could met!!!??
  14. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

N Gauger (revealed) lol

Billk, Hi!! My very informal Rail Club, JGBSMF&W RR (Our Emblem is my Avatar) "dabbles" in all scales. Our First Layout was in HO, and measured 8' X 8' in a U shape. It wasn't large enough. We sold the HO & bought N Gauge, we created a 12 X 9 N gauge layout with 120' of track, 2 yards, 2 levels. It took 1,250' of wire to wire all the switches, power & indicater lights, that were on a huge 8' wide X 3' tall Model board with a complete track plan. (That's how I got the name). LOL We now have, after 18 years: an N gauge 2' x 3' Coffee table layout, an HO railroad that "Lives" on the dining room wall 4" below the ceiling, and a G scale 3 tiered 9' x 12' layout in my basement. I hand built a Z gauge briefcase layout and have an N scale Doodlebug running across a shelf at my office at work. LOL
    Pics are on the net at:

Enjoy!! & Thanks for asking! :) Also, the "Name" stands for all the members of the "Club" Janine, George, Bart, Steve, Mike (me), Fred, Wayne, & Rhonda (My Wife)
    Keep on Training!!!! N Gauger
  15. Woodie

Woodie Active Member

I did a "null" vote and it came up with the blank screen, followed by an actual vote, and it was fine. So my vote has now been counted.

16. Dave Hagan

Dave Hagan Member

Thanks Woodie