Police Tape

Discussion in 'FAQs' started by rockislandmike, Feb 23, 2004.

1. rockislandmike

rockislandmike Active Member

Any thoughts on what to use for HO scale police tape ???
  2. Fred_M

Fred_M Guest

Xmas tree tensil painted yellow. The POLICE LINE DO NO CROSS lettering might be tough. Only thing I could think of. FRED
  3. Goattee

Goattee Member

cigarette pack pull strip

I just opened a pack of cigarettes and happened to think of your needs. The pull strip measurs about 5" and is about 45' in HO.
    I smoke Marlbors lights and the color is gold and on close inspection it has Dark gold letters on it.
    Just a thought.
  4. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

How about chart tape? I think it comes pretty thin and might be in yellow. I've seen it in other colors...sure they do! I've seen pics of people use it to make track diagrams on control panels for layouts.
  5. Vic

Vic Active Member

Yellow tissue paper cut in 1/16th inch strips....it would be yellow on both sides and would sort of "blow in the breeze"
  6. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

I like Vic's ideal. Chart tape does come with strips on it, but like any tape, it is sticky on one side. You should be able to take a marking pen and add some black stripes to the yellow tissue paper.
  7. billk

billk Active Member

I visualize the tape as being about 3" wide, that's about 1/32" in HO scale. I'd try cutting strips off a piece of the real thing - at least the color would be right. As far as the black markings, maybe a fine-point felt tip pen to put stripes on it (before you cut it into the strips.)
  8. farmer ron

farmer ron Member

Mike, want some of the real stuff?? Ron..
  9. interurban

interurban Active Member

10. rksstl

rksstl Member

You might try some automotive pin stripe. It comes in yellow and is already sticky on back. Try an auto paint store they should be able to show the sizes it comes in.
  11. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member