Poetry in motion?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Badotz, May 16, 2006.

1. abutt

abutt Member

You're a railroader at heart...

Badotz...We'll try and convert you. But at this point, maybe I can do something you can't do, but you sure as hell can do something I wouldn't even dare try.

I'm a retired graphic designer, and I suppose if I were thirty years younger I could figure out web design and really enjoy it.

I grew up with trains, long before thruways were invented, and trucks couldn't hold a candle to a string of freight cars. Now we create the past and are masters of our universe.

Welcome aboard,

2. jim currie

jim currie Active Member

neat poem Badots brought back memories of youth lived on a farm in NW PA the tracks ran behind the farm about a 1/4 mile remember laying in bed at night suddnly the peepers in the swamp that the tracks ran through would fall silent then i would hear the train blowing for 6 mile crossing:) the other is kinda sad:( one summer(1955) i was going to get the cows for milking seen a train that was headed by a steamer coming so i sat and waited for it to get there.all of sudden i relised that it was like a Judis goat leading a string of rusting groaning behemoth's doing a slow dance of death on the way to the steel mills in pittsburg .and probably the loco in the lead was making its last trip also.:(
  3. Badotz

Badotz New Member

"Come, Gather 'Round, People..."

"...for the times, they are a-changin." If there was no "progress", then we would have no fond memories, eh? I had a garden plot when I was in college, and didn't realize there were RR tracks behind it. One morning, I was out cultivating and a steam loco passed by - no cars, just a tender and caboose. The engineer blew the whistle as he slowly chugged out of sight. I just stood and stared in wonder...