Discussion in 'FAQs' started by rockislandmike, Jan 15, 2003.

1. rockislandmike

rockislandmike Active Member

I was thinking about using Coca-Cola plastic bottlecaps for planters at the greenhouse I'm working on. If I painted them terra cota, what do you think ???

I've got plenty here at work that I could take home (no recycling system here, so the bottom drawer of my filing cabinet is full of bottles to take home).
  2. Vic

Vic Active Member

Mike, that sounds like a great idea to me....paint up some and see how they look....also take a look at some caps like are on toothpaste tubes and etc for smaller planters.....:) :) :)

I have a small prototype greenhouse 10X10...just something I hammerd together:eek: :D I'll bet there's a dozen different sizes of planters and pots in there.

If your model is a commerical greenhouse paint a lot of your pots dark green or black to represent the throw away type planters that commerical growers use.
  3. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Hi Michael, nice idea that, can you post a photo of the finished Greenhouse.

4. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

... and keep an eye on those little plastic people, remember: you are ultimately responsible for what they grow!
  5. Vic

Vic Active Member

And watch out for those plastic plant eating plastic insects:D :D

Try saying that real fast five times in a row!!!!:D :D :D
  6. rockislandmike

rockislandmike Active Member

LOL Jon, that gave me a good and funny idea. I should probably check with my father-in-law for modeling ideas, though, as he'd be much more familiar with the plant end of it.
  7. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

Those coke bottle lids are handy. I spray paint them silver, turn them upside down and mount them on a short piece of thick dowel...instant heavy industrial roof vents! Planters would be a great idea!