Discussion in 'FAQs' started by belg, Mar 31, 2003.

  1. belg

    belg Member

    Hey guys I was reading some of the older posts and came accross one how to apply glue/water mixture.Where do you get a pipette? Is it like a chemist's tool or something?:)
  2. jkristia

    jkristia Member

    I found them at Michaels Art and Craftstore here in Los Angeles area, and they are called eye-dropper

  3. Vic

    Vic Active Member

    Here's a pic of some teflon pipettes....these came from a supply house that sold lab supplies that was going out of business.

    Attached Files:

  4. Drew1125

    Drew1125 Active Member

    The best thing I've found for mixing, storing, & applying 50/50 white glue & water, is just an Elmer's glue bottle.
  5. billk

    billk Active Member

    Eye droppers will work, but a pipette is just a rigid tube of some kind. Picture a drinking straw, only smaller. Put one end in the liquid to be transferred, put your finger over the other end, pull it out and put it where you want the liquid to go, and take your finger off the end. Viola.
  6. Gary Pfeil

    Gary Pfeil Active Member

    belg, I don't know where in NJ you are, but pipettes like the ones shown by Vic are sold at F&M Hobby in Denville, I get mine there.
  7. RaiderCTE

    RaiderCTE Member

    sounds like one of those coffee stir/ straws. Heck you can go to the gas station on the corner and pick up a hand full of those and a cup of coffee. Sounds good for adding a little glue to the base of my trees. The elmer's glue bottle sometimes is a little wide but that is what I usually use.
  8. shamus

    shamus Registered Member

    I just use an Eye dropper, takes ages LOL

  9. MasonJar

    MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

Share This Page