Photos of the Tall Timber

Discussion in 'On30 Forum' started by loggeron30, Oct 7, 2005.

1. loggeron30

loggeron30 New Member

I darkened the canyon area as it just was to light in color. I picked up some daylight florescent bulbs that scew into regular light sockets and just started playing around with them in reflectors last night. Here are a few pics. Hope you enjoy.

unloading some logs.........

Steam power for the sawmill................

The water fall was made with Woodland Scenics Realistic Water spread out on plastic food wrap, dried over night and glued in place.

From the door of the engine shed.......

new switchstand added.............

rail truck from Brennans front dock.......

Thats all for now!

2. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

Nice photos of a great layout!

3. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Member

Great pics! Thanks for sharing.
  4. loggeron30

loggeron30 New Member

Many thanks for the kind words Gents!
  5. Pitchwife

Pitchwife Dreamer

Your cliff face and waterfall are truely astounding! :thumb: :thumb: You should do a how-to on them. I am very impressed.
  6. Tileguy

Tileguy Member

Ken, Wow you really have done an awful lot of work in a very short time.
    It wasnt that long ago i recall a bare corner and a mock up where that mill is sitting :)
    (was that june or july? )
    The work is first class and the pictures are great !! (one day you'll have to teach me how to set the date on my digital camera, i'm still shooting 2003 pictures ) :)

Now, lets talk about some Elk horns for that Shay shall we :D
  7. loggeron30

loggeron30 New Member

Many thanks for the kind words. Clark I hadn't thought about a how-to but I took several pics as I did the fall and bridge. The water was the easy part!
    I will see what I can do for you.

Todd, well I can't remember the exact time-frame but it's been about 11 months from pencil drawings of the layout till now.

Like the idea about the antlers!

8. TrainClown

TrainClown Member

A real fine piece of work. Love the rail truck, got a close-up of that? Please :)

TrainClown ;)
  9. spankybird

spankybird OTTS Founder

Out standing landscaping. I love it.
  10. Chief Eagles

Chief Eagles Active Member

WOW. OUTSTANDING. :thumb:
  11. csxt30

csxt30 Member

WOW, that is really something ! You won the photo contest !! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Thanks for inspiring all of us! [​IMG] Back to the drawing board for me, now !! Thanks, John
  12. spankybird

spankybird OTTS Founder

Ken you should enter some of these in the Oct photo contest.
  13. loggeron30

loggeron30 New Member

Many thanks to all for the very kind words. They are well recieved. I will try to get a few pics of the rail truck this week for you.