Photos and articles added

As this area is for the prototype, and for those who may be interested, I have been adding more photos to the Photo Album pages of my Railroads of Madison County (Indiana) web site at http://madisonrails.railfan.net/. These include two recent CSX derailments, one from ice and the other a Grain Train. ALso, I have just added history photos of three wrecks on the NYC-CR Michigan Division and numerous 'Memory' stories and article of railroad life in Indiana and near Cleveland, Ohio. Photos, stories and historical info about the NYC, PRR, PC, CR and now CSX and NS.

Check out the Photo Album page for the Michigan Division, North and the other photo essays and the Memory pages for the articles.

Enjoy.

1218_20.jpg

PS - This photo is from a Penn Central wreck, not NYC.

Roger

Roger Hensley - madisonrails@railfan.net
== http://madisonrails.railfan.net/ ==
== Railroads of Madison County (Indiana) ==

interurban

Hi Roger thanks for posting your link , great web thanks , glad to see Indiana Traction included.

I think I will post some shots in The Real Thing U S A on Idiana Traction.

Just Because:D :D :D ;) :p
Do you know where this shot was taken??

Attachments

• irr38.jpg
    irr38.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 130
The idenification of the car is in question. Here are two answers that identify the shot as a fan trip near Anderson Indiana.

1) Photo was taken about 1938 or 1939 on a fan trip near Anderson, IN crossing the White River, North and East of Indianapolis. The line was the former Union Traction Rwy, merged into the Indiana RR about 1930. At about that time the combine, from the former Indiana Public Service line, was converted to an RPO car and painted Orange for the IRR. The car is #376, which, at the end of IRR operations just before World War II, was sold (along with two sister cars) to the South Shore where it was converted to 1500v. DC and made into the famous South Shore line car, #1100. (The two sister combines received a much less glorious fate, becoming un-powered, newspaper service, baggage-type cars.)
This car is the one which has been getting all the chatter regarding it's ultimate disposition, likely to the Illinois Railway Museum in Union, IL. Paul F.

2) i can't read the number on the car. if it is #59 date is may 14, 1939. a group came from detroit to indianapolis and some members of railfans of indianapolis met them. went to anderson and return plus the ft harrison loop. operator was Tanio and story is at one place can ran 87 mph - Ron

Both replies are from the MidwestInterurban@yahoogroups.com
Do you have a better shot?

interurban

58 one # short again:(
Thanks for all that info Roger.
Most # on the C D I have are not visible:(
Nice C D though:D

Attachments

• irr33 58.jpg
    irr33 58.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 120

interurban

This is my scatch built line car of 1100, from an old black and white photo I had.
With a Pan Of course;)

Attachments

• over 4.jpg
    over 4.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 112

interurban

I have tried Trolly poles and found them lacking in pick up ability , having said that a few of the Traction lads have poles, on a PCC layout and they do a nice job.
But I and a few others prefer the heavey Electric, Box motors and big interurban`s:)
On my home layout, I have a mixed bag of equipment, there were so many different electric roads to choose from, if one has a good book on them you can get a good feel of what they were like.
I have posted shots of them Roger, check my post`s if you would like a look , dont think they like me posting the same pics , promised me a thrashing next time :D :D :D
All motors are scratched built so is the overhead.
Spitfire did an article on that in the Urban Scene. last year.

Cheers.
PS I do like the London & Port Stanley. Illinois, Pacific Electric, O I could go on.
;)