Photo Fun: week of April 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesso

Jul 21, 2006
Washington, Utah
www.thetechfamily.com
Great pictures everyone. How did this thread grow so quickly so fast?

Oh, Miles: .... ._ ._ _. ._ _. _._ _ / .._. _ _ _ ._. / _._ _ _ _ _ .._

We had a train night at my house and one of the members brought some new HO toys:

Attachments

• sp.jpg
    sp.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 152
  • wp.jpg
    wp.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 150
  • utah.jpg
    utah.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 151

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
First I would like to thank everybody for their participation in the weekly photo phun.:thumb:

Here is the locomotive roster of my Huron River.This is a sister road to the C&HV and is own by CDB Industries.These are the last first generation locomotives that CDBI owns and sadly these units are scheduled for retirement later this year.

Picture-011.jpg

Picture-004-8.jpg

Picture-008-1.jpg

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
jesso, NICE looking engines, and the scenery looks GREAT TOO!:thumb:

Larry, GREAT looking engines!:thumb: the geeps are my favorites of the bunch;):D.

MilesWestern

Sep 20, 2005
CA
protopaintwest.googlepages.com
Thanks Jesso! I'm glad! :) YOU BET this will be alot of fun! :thumb: Great photos everyone!

Here's a custom car that I've never seen mass-produced in HO before... Anyone have one of these? :D

TrainClub017.jpg

BTW, it's not lettered for Brakie's Columbus and Hocking Valley, it's a tiny shortline in the south called the Chatahoochee Valley RR..anybody heard of it?

C

Catt

Lease unit MTS 6789 pulling a short local down a Michigan branchline.

local1.jpg

6789,is the second Athearn loco I bought and the very first Athearn SD40-2 sold in Grand Rapids.

The boxcar is an Accurail exterior post data only that I have added GVRT reporting marks to (and just niticed that I lost a number).

The Cooper grain hopper ( also an Accurail car) is a special run with 6 #s for the Kalamazoo model railroad club.It is new this year.If anyone is interested in getting some contact me off site and I'll get you in the right direction.( no I'm not a member but I collect club cars)

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Deano
Nice looking CNW unit! Congrats on the test run and layout progress!

Jesso
Great looking locos! The RDC is really cool!

Larry
Great looking locos!

Miles
Interesting Car!

Larry
Nice looking boxcar!

Catt
Great looking train!

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
We went to the interchange track and found the Penn central was dropping off a couple of cars.

Atlas Penn Central RS-11
interchange2007b_001a.jpg

Walthers Reading gondola (just finished installing grab irons)
interchange2007b_002a.jpg

Atlas Plywood Marketing Association Double Door Evans Boxcar (owned by a friend)
interchange2007b_003a.jpg

Athearn Penn Central W/V Caboose
interchange2007b_004a.jpg

Papa Bear

Dec 28, 2003
South Alabama
www.route29.com
Chattahoochee Valley

MilesWestern said:
Here's a custom car that I've never seen mass-produced in HO before... Anyone have one of these? :D

BTW, it's not lettered for Brakie's Columbus and Hocking Valley, it's a tiny shortline in the south called the Chatahoochee Valley RR..anybody heard of it?

Great looking boxcar, Miles!:thumb: The Chattahoochee Valley ran from a connection with the Atlanta and West Point and the Western Railway of Alabama at Lannett, AL to a connection with the Central of Georgia at Smiths Station. This would be on the eastern side of Alabama along the Chattahoochee River. As you've probably guessed, textile mills were the principal industry on this railroad.

Sadly, this line was abandoned in the early 90's. :cry:part of the ROW has been preserved as a walking trail.

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
Miles & Larry, NICE CHV box cars(though they both are from different roads):thumb:.

Johnathan, WOW!, i have never seen a SD40-2 with a short high hood:thumb:.

Tom, NICE ROLL-BY!:thumb: your Alco is AWESOME!:D

GREAT SHOTS FOLKS!:thumb: KEEP 'EM COMING:D -Deano
UPE9AB_986015.JPG

chessie4155

Mar 17, 2006
Vincennes, Ind.
www.geocities.com
Miles: It's a home made job. My son bought a Front Range Geep that came with the tubes. He didn't want them so I took them and added them to my Geep..Changed the number, still need to change the number boards, and we now have a torpedo tube geep.

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
I did this TH&B GP9 using the parts from Juneco Scale Models: they're metal castings of four separate tanks, plus the filler blocks for the fuel tank, where the original airs tanks were removed. The diesel is an extensively reworked Athearn.
100_5472.jpg

Detail Associates also make the torpedo tanks in styrene: I can't recall if they're cast as one piece or two pairs. Anyway, I hacked one up to use them as singles on the roof of my
kitbashed gas-electric car.
GRNNLE_262.JPG

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.