Photo FUN week of 8/24

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by CNWman, Aug 24, 2007.

1. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

More and more terrific pics!
    Dean, I saw the Metra too while in chicago earlier this month. I sure enjoyed watching them roll by! I have to say that I like their choice of colors! :)

2. chessie4155

chessie4155 Active Member

Ralph: Cool caboose hop...I like the GP/RS lashup :thumb:
  3. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

Wayne, GREAT SHOT of the stock pens:thumb: . i really like the tender on #2747 too:winki::mrgreen: .

Jeffrey, NICE SHOTS!:thumb: GLAD to see your making some progress:thumb::mrgreen: .

Mark, GREAT bridge shot!:thumb::thumb:

Ralph, i never noticed, KP&W and Metra's colors are close to the same:eeki: . hey, we were in Chicago the SAME weekend:thumb: , sure wish i knew you was there, since we both went to the Museum to see the layout, we could have met there:smilie: .

Here's a shot of UP's DD40AX #6922 leaving the Rock Valley Sub headed for Chicago, looks like i wasn't the only rail fan taking pics of it:winki::119: .
    :deano: -Deano
  4. bryantm

bryantm New Member

New Pic

I Just joined tonight and am trying to submit a pic to the August photo forum. I don't know how to do this but I see I have a file attachment to this message, so, here goes... (trial and error)

PS , the crew sees something on the tracks!

Attached Files:

5. Biased turkey

Biased turkey Active Member

As usual, the quality of all those weekly fun pics is very high.
    If I had to select one picture I would pick the downtown scene from chessie4155.

Nice ceiling Wayne :)

6. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

Bryantm:wav: , FANTASTIC PIC!:thumb::thumb::thumb: WELCOME to the Gauge:winki::mrgreen: . HOPE to be seeing more of your work:thumb: .
    :deano: -Deano
  7. doctorwayne

doctorwayne Active Member

Hi, Bryant, and :welcome1: to the Gauge.

Thanks, Jacques. :-D As you can see, I haven't had time to weather it yet, but I've never been shy about showing my "works in progress". ;) I am rather proud of my "lumber-in-an-opening-in-the-sky clouds, though. :razz:

8. CNWman

CNWman CNW Fan

Welcome to The-Gauge, Bryant! That is a nice pic, too.
  9. MadHatter

MadHatter Charging at full tilt.

CNWman, that Porter Hustler looks GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!
  10. chessie4155

Deano: Cool shot of a Giant of the rails:thumb:
    bryantm: Nice pic and welcome to The Gauge:thumb:
    Jacques: WOW! Thanks:wave:

Railfans getting a few shots of one of the Carefull Car Handeling Safety Cabs.
  11. jeffrey-wimberl

jeffrey-wimberl Active Member

12. jbaakko

jbaakko Active Member

Thats a beauty there Deano!

Nice shots guys!
  13. jeffrey-wimberl

14. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

I hadn't realized you were in Chicago that weekend or I would have met you at the museum layout! Ah well, missed opportunity! Did you take any pics of the layout? Mine are on the dark side.

I saw a Metra rolling over a highway bridge as we taxied back to O'Hare. It was really moving!

15. Biased turkey

Biased turkey Active Member

Nice close-up pic jeffrey, is this an SW9 on the right ?
  16. chessie4155

Eastbound 96 headin out of Arthurville.
  17. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

Ralph:wav: , No...i didnt get pics of the layout:cry: , you can find my story here:

it DOES have the pics i was able to get:thumb: ...till my camera broke:eeki::frowns: . the post is close to the bottom of the page:winki: .
  18. jeffrey-wimberl

Close, it's a Proto 2000 SW1200, pre-DCC.

Here's one of KCS 4030, a road slug.
  19. chessie4155

MOW crew cars, ex troop cars and passenger equipment , setting at Arthurville.
  20. jeffrey-wimberl