Photo Fun 3-21

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by jeffrey-wimberl, Mar 21, 2008.

1. Herc Driver

Herc Driver Active Member

Great pic's everyone.

Tom - you are the roll-by master. Nice shots of a great train.
  2. brakie

brakie Active Member

I bought this car from Tankertoad70(over on RRF) around 5 years ago.He painted and decaled the car.

3. FiatFan

FiatFan Member

Probably no pics from me this week. but I do have a question for TomPM. That camera of yours must work really fast to get a clear picture of each car as the train rolls by. :wave7: :drag1:

4. doctorwayne

doctorwayne Active Member

Here's TH&B SW9 57, at work in the mid-'80s near Sherman Ave., in Hamilton. Note the chains and poling pole mounted near the sideframe of the front truck.

5. EngineerKyle

EngineerKyle Member

Nice train! Tom... Nice rocks, too!

Midnight at the old passenger station;

6. jeffrey-wimberl

jeffrey-wimberl Active Member

7. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

Jeffrey:wav: , I'm GLAD to see your getting your feet wet weathering!:thumb:
    your UP mech reefer looks GREAT!!!:bravo: , i would be VERY PROUD to have it on MY layout, GOOD JOB!:thumb:

Just two helpful tips i would like to pass on to you:winki: :
    1- put your wash on the WHOLE side/section of the car, try to get all of it covered, really its easier to do a section at a time, like do one side, then move on to the next side, then the top, etc.
    2- wipe the wash off USING DOWN STROKES(top to bottom) before the wash has a chance to dry:winki: . wiping the wash off in DOWNWARD STROKES is VERY important, NEVER go side to side:winki: .

I think your doing good:thumb: , i just wanted to pass those two tips on to you:winki: , i am most anxious to see your next weatherings:thumb::mrgreen: .

:deano: -Deano
  8. lester perry

lester perry Active Member

If I wanted to introduce some one to the hobby I would send them here, this stuff is fantastic. I guess I need to try weathering some. It really makes difference.

9. jbaakko

jbaakko Active Member

Some recent Boxcar work...

Attached Files:

10. Biased turkey

Biased turkey Active Member

About rocks: nice ones TomPM, here is a pic of some improvments I did on my hill.
    It's so cold here in Montreal , -23°C ( -10 ° F for our friends south of the border ) with the wind chill, I didn't feel like doing any railfanning.
    Nice night pic with the moon EngineerKyle
    Ah that good old TH&B SW9 from Wayne.
    I added some sculptamold to the concrete road on my layout + did some mockup road on my switching layout.
    I also received some Easter chocolate from my wife.

11. Chief Eagles

Chief Eagles Active Member

Thaks to LAZ, I have a new CN SD40-2 with Legacy to go with my NS SD40-2 with Legacy. Ran them MU'd on the Roseyville DIV of the NS [the bare desert prairie :cry: ], Ran great and the sounds are the best.
    NS SD80's with NS Dash 8 in the middle on other mainline passes the SD40's.
  12. Sarge_7

Sarge_7 Member

Here is a pair of rebuilt SD40-2s fresh from the RG&S shops.

13. jeffrey-wimberl

Sarge, those SD40's look great.

Been working on some rolling stock again.

14. jeffrey-wimberl

The graffiti vandals have struck again!
  15. jeffrey-wimberl

This old Athearn F7 is a relic from the early 80's and is in fact one of my very first Athearn's. It put in a lot of miles over the years until the frame just became too worn out to use it as a powered unit any longer. The motor and drive line were removed for use in other locos and it is now a dummy that is currently being run in one of my trains as a slug unit.

16. lester perry

lester perry Active Member

Chief it looks like you new cn sd40-2 needs some work. I don't know about Canada but in USA the EPA would be getting all over you. might be some bad fuel .From a truck drvers point of view it looks like serious engine trouble.
  17. jeffrey-wimberl

18. jeffrey-wimberl

No activity here yesterday? Hard to believe.

19. Sarge_7

Sarge_7 Member

Jeffrey, let me try to help you out with this thread. Oh and nice pics too:thumb:

Sorry, couldn't find the pic I was looking for, must have been a pre-hard drive crash pic:cry:
  20. jeffrey-wimberl