Photo editing question

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by jeffrey-wimberl, Aug 24, 2007.

1. jeffrey-wimberl

jeffrey-wimberl Active Member

I've got a question for you photo bugs. Below are two pics, same subject, same lighting conditions but run through two different editors for sharpness only. Which one looks better to you?

Photo one was edited with the Aiptek PhotoTools that came with my old Pencam.

Photo two was edited using PhotoImpressions 4.0 that came with my Vivitar Mini Camera.

2. TrainNut

TrainNut Ditat Deus

#2 looks a little sharper and a little brighter BUT, ever so slightly more pixelated.
  3. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

I think the first pic looks to be the better of the two:winki: .
    :deano: -Deano
  4. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

I vote for #2.
  5. Art Decko

Art Decko Member

The second one has better brightness & contrast, but looks over-sharpened.
  6. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

I'm with Deano...#1 is better.
  7. rhtastro

rhtastro Member

#2 is sharper and shows more detail and is a bit brighter. Look at the lower part of the loco for comparison. With software available now I could take out that loco and put in another using the same scene as before. You can never believe a picture anymore. Remember, from now on, one word is worth a thousand pictures.
  8. bigsteel

bigsteel Call me Mr.Tinkertrain

i think #1 is a little fuzzy and #2 is a little pixelated.over all,i think one is better.thats my 0.02 worth :mrgreen: --josh
  9. jeffrey-wimberl

jeffrey-wimberl Active Member

I use the highest resolution the camera has (which isn't much). The pics are the biggest the camera puts out. Resizing them makes them look worse.
  10. alexbnfan

alexbnfan Member

They both look the same to me.....