Phoenix swap - my finds

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by TrainNut, Nov 2, 2008.

1. TrainNut

TrainNut Ditat Deus

We had another swap meet here in Phoenix today and I almost didn't go. In the past, it almost takes as long to wait in line as it does to walk through all the aisles. Today was an exception. I arrived at 9a.m. sharp, waited in line for 3-4 minutes and spent the next hour and a half poking my way through, scrounging through boxes and thoroughly enjoying myself.
    What I took away -
    When people saw what I was carrying around, I was asked several times, "What scale do you model?" I simply replied with a mischievous grin, "All of 'em!"
    I started off finding just a couple little N scale water towers and I truly thought that would be it. But then.... G scale livestock car and two gondolas...

...since nobody seemed to have any bags, I put one of the newly acquired gondolas to work...

Down in front, you can see I got myself an HO Spectrum Doodlebug! I've always wanted one of these but really had no reason to need one. That's exactly what I told the guy too. We bickered and bargained a little and I got him down to $10. He said it runs good but... we'll see!

Next out of the gondola are the N scale water towers and a little crane.

Last up is a trio of N scale buildings by Kato. They look Japanese in flavor to me but I bet I can "Americanize 'em" without a whole lot of trouble. Besides, at $5 each, I couldn't hardly pass 'em up.
  2. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

Looks like you got some pretty neat stuff, i like those buildings :mrgreen:
  3. jesso

jesso Member

Great Haul!

One of the club members here has that doodlebug. I really like that crane!

I have seen those buildings before and thought about getting the first one. You could try and make it look like this one:

Your G scale stuff looks nice, have you started your G-Scale layout?
  4. TrainNut

TrainNut Ditat Deus

I have, but it's slow going. I've put a lot of work into a retaining wall and now I've decided I'd rather do it a different way. I'll post some pics soon.
  5. nachoman

nachoman Guest

I like the kato high-rises. The one on the left looks 'American' enough to me as-is. The one in the middle looks like a 1950s physics building at any given university :)

6. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

Nice finds!
    Really, those buildings look American to me. Just need to put some interiors in them.
  7. abutt

abutt Member

Vanishing Item???

Boy...Talk about finds. How about things you can't find, like Kemtron switch machines, or any double coil switch machines. I just missed an auction on Ebay for two Kemtron machines. Not because I was outbid, I fell asleep. Now all we have is these complicated under the layout types. Who needs them? Everyone forgot how to hide them in track-side buildings? If anyone out there has a couple, please email me. I'm in Connecticut.:wave: