Passenger Car interiors

D.R.Rosser

Apr 13, 2007
I need some help! Over the years I have put together a pretty good Broadway Limited consist for my PRR area, pulled by a K4s or an E-8. All the cars have interiors but one. It is a Rivarossi PRR Dining Car 1930, item number 2816. It is an old car, thus old numbers, I am sure. Model Railroader used to have adv. from vendors that sold all kinds of Rivarossi interiors. Now I don't seem to see any, Walthers catalog is no help. Anybody know anywhere they are for sale? Any ideas would be appreciated. Dave

nkp174

Oct 10, 2006
Cincinnati, O.
I'd check out the IHC interiors. The IHC cars are made from the same molds that the Rivarossi cars were made in. I suspect that the dining car interior is the exact same as what you're looking for.

D.R.Rosser

Apr 13, 2007
Thanks for the tip. IHC lists none at this time on the net site. No luck at e-Bay either. Maybe I will get lucky at a train sale; the problem is that local tarin sales seem to be going out of style here. Thanks anyway. Dave

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
Thought you'd like to see what the interiors look like assembled and in the car. I put the Preiser figures in when assembling, since their legs were to big I had to eliminate the tables on the theory that no one is going to be able to see them when the car is rolling by. I also didn't paint the interiors because at the time I had no imformation on NH interior colors. If you like detail painting, the tables have dinnerware molded on the tops.
I also added some Preiser cooks in the kitchen.

Attachments

• diner1.jpg
    diner1.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 18
  • diner2.jpg
    diner2.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 13

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Sep 15, 2004
AZ
Ahhhh, something I've always wanted to do but never gotten around to! My new Kato Southwest Chief train has a lighting kit available for each car and while that would be really neat, I figure what's the point?... you'd just see a whole lit up passenger train with no people.

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
I use seated passengers. For my interiors, I use Chooch coach seats that I use full length or cut up if I want to make individual chairs. In the diner, I use styrene cut into a table sized square, and glued to the laps of the people who are dining. The windows in passenger cars are small enough that you don't need a lot of detail to make the interior look believeable. The only place that is very visible are the people seated in the dome on dome cars.