Paper-replika Naboo Starfighter

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by mcusanelli, Mar 31, 2015.

  1. mcusanelli

    mcusanelli Member

    Here are some pics of my Naboo Starfighter build. My favorite Star Wars fighter! This kit is really fantastic, great colors beautiful design, and it went together really easily. In person, the 'chrome' effect really looks like metal. Julius really knows his stuff!
    I sprayed 2 heavy coats of Krylon Triple-thick gloss to seal the parts, and then another coat after it was finished. Aleen's Turbo Tacky glue was used, but engines were attached with Lok-Tite superglue.
    It's 110 cardstock, but the guns are my old standard round toothpics colored with a black Sharpie marker, and rubbed with a #2 pencil for a gunmetal color. This was a really enjoyable build, lots of fun to do! Hope you all like it, more stuff to follow.... IMG_5178.JPG IMG_5180.JPG IMG_5181.JPG IMG_5179.JPG
  2. micahrogers

    micahrogers Active Member

    another beauty
  3. Rhaven Blaack

    Rhaven Blaack ADMINISTRATOR Administrator

    You did a REALLY GOOD JOB on it!
  4. starbuck

    starbuck Active Member

    beatiful build!
  5. mcusanelli

    mcusanelli Member

    Thanks guys!
  6. Revell-Fan

    Revell-Fan Co-Administrator Administrator

    Cool and shiny, as it is supposed to be! :)
  7. dnalor

    dnalor Active Member

    Great looking ship.
    At the real thing they create the shiney part with silver-tape..
    (when I first saw that I really had....oh this is how they do that :) )

    Attached Files:

  8. mcusanelli

    mcusanelli Member

    Thanks dnalor! I love to see how the 'real thing' is made, never would have thought it was tape!
  9. zathros

    zathros SENIOR Administrator

    Fantastic. Another first I had not seen built before. I had my doubts about this, but you have put them to rest! Excellent! ;)
  10. mcusanelli

    mcusanelli Member

    Thank you! It really is a great kit, the only mishap in building was after I glued the engines on, I realized that they were pointing outward, not straight ahead, so I removed them, trimmed the wingtips, and reattached them. This was my fault, not the kit.....I usually have at least one or two mishaps on every model, fortunately, this was an easy fix. I would suggest adding a slot on the mating surface of the engine and a corresponding tab on the wingtip for added strength. Otherwise, there's nothing I would change, awesome design. It's a real nice size too, 13 5/8'' long and 8 1/4'' wide.
  11. zathros

    zathros SENIOR Administrator

    I think mishaps are common. That is the best part of this hobby, the ease that you can fix such mishaps. Nevertheless, the model is really exceptional looking. I wonder i High temperature paint, or Chrome paint, maybe with some sealer first, could be used on the front. wouldn't try it on the model. Some scratch paper first. Krylon makes some awesome stuff! :)
  12. mcusanelli

    mcusanelli Member

    Yeah, just print another page and you're good to go again! When I was building this, I saw a few pics of another build in progress, the modeler had glued foil to the chrome areas, and the parts looked amazing. If I ever build this one again, I might try some foil or paint.

Share This Page