Packing Plant Progress

Here is todays progress on my small packing plant. I am using a DPM Good Night Matress plant for the main plant , a Period Miniatures Country Garage for the boiler houseand hand built the dock which will have cable supports to the roof to support the outside edge. I will have to include a can and box building and coal dump as well as the corral.

packing.jpg

Mike

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
That's gonna shape up nicely Mike! The boiler house addition has a good industrial look to it. Nice work on that intricate ramp but I don't think the cattle will appreiate it!. Moo! :)
Ralph

coaster

Jan 13, 2006
Los Angeles, CA
Mike --

One suggestion re that ramp (which is very nice work, incidentally): There would generally have been a series of 2 x 4s nailed onto (and parallel with) the slats at regular intervals (probably every four or five, say) to keep the livestock's hooves from slipping as they made their way up. Obviously, these would have become very chipped, worn and weathered over time . . .

Regards,
Paul

viperman

Mar 13, 2006
Carol Stream, IL
That looks great. I like how you used a couple different buiding kits and made them look like they belong together. Great work! Does look really nice in that corner there too. Post some pics of the ice house soon