P2K Pere Marquette E7

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by Conrail, Sep 16, 2005.

1. Conrail

Conrail Member

Does anyone here have a P2K Pere Marquette / C&O E7? I just recieved mine and the color doesent look right to me. The yellow looks more like a buttermilk color rather than the typical yellow I am used to seeing on my other C&O equipment. Didn't know if this was correct as all I can find are B&W photos of the prototype. Thank you.
  2. Conrail

Conrail Member

I wil post a pic tonight when the wife gets home with the camera so you guys/ ladies can see what I'm talking about.
  3. stuart_canada

stuart_canada Member

you posting a pic of the wife or the locomotive....might have something to trade if she has a nice digital camera
  4. jim currie

jim currie Active Member

go to the fallen flags web site there is a color shot of a E7a.
  5. Conrail

Conrail Member

Here are the pics

6. Conrail

Conrail Member

Pics of the loco's above.
    Olympus E-300, but I'm keepin that :D .... I might keep her too.... but those Broadway Limited C&O E8's commin out next month look pretty nice, so.................
  7. CN1

CN1 Active Member

8. Conrail

Conrail Member

Thanks CN1. I must not have did a very good job searching because I looked at both of those places :confused: .
  9. CN1

CN1 Active Member

No sweat! That's all I could find too :wave:

if I come across somethig else I'll let you know

10. jim currie

jim currie Active Member

11. Russ Bellinis

Russ Bellinis Active Member

Yellow is one of the colors that will weather and fade faster than almost anything else except maybe red. How long would the yellow stay bright on those locomotives before it started fading?
  12. MilesWestern

MilesWestern Active Member

13. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

14. Conrail

Conrail Member

I'm just curious if this is painted this way to be prototypical. I have ordered a P2K BL-2 that has a diffent shade of blue (lighter) then I have seen on higher numbered BL-2's of the same manufacture. I also found a pic of another P2K Pere Marquette C&O E7 that had a higher road number and darker yellow. Maybe P2K was being more realistic than I had given them credit for.