Overview of the

IMRL393

Aug 7, 2001
Visit site
Nice shot AND modeling, Tyson!

I can't tell from this "distance", but is that kudzu marching up the bank ??? If so, how do you model it, and how do you keep it from taking over the layout ??

I admit, N-scale has some nice advantages - if only I could "see" them !!!

Plus, with the investment in HO scale I have now, my wife would kill me if I announced a change!

Plus there is currently more Rock Island stuff in HO scale !!!

- George

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Poverty Acres, North Carolina
Visit site
No Javier, the tunnel on the right leads to staging behind the layout (which is connected for a loop when the grandkids are over and comes out well to the left of the pic), the tunnel on the left comes out of another tunnel behind the tobacco farm then continues in front of the farm. Hope this helps to explain. :) Yep George, that's supposed to be Kudzu, I take poly fiber fill stretch it out real thin, spray it flat black then dip it in a bag of coarse Woodland Scenics ground foam. Sorry you invested so heavy in the wrong scale :D :D :D :D !!! Just kidding of course as there is NO wrong scale. :D

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Tyson, What a great overhead shot!!:) Looks like the "fog":D finally lifted too. Hope you didn't wear yourself out climbing that ridge to take it!!:D :D :D :)

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Poverty Acres, North Carolina
Visit site
Thanks Rory, your layout and mine have a lot in common. Geographically they are only about 75 miles apart, they both have scenery and track at different levels and both would have connected with the L&N among others. Rich you might want to wait a few years, of the 20 ft of length 17 ft is still bare at this time! :D :D :D That picture shows almost all of the sceniced part. Xaniel, thanks, if you go to most any thread in this forum or the photo forum that was started by me you will see more of this layout.

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Nice aerial shot Tyson. Is the pilot of the plane in business to sell airborne pictures of homes and factories to their owners??
Great photography and modelling my friend.