Other Train forums???

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by gruggier, Dec 12, 2006.

1. gruggier

gruggier Member

Hey all. Can you tell me of other train forums out there that you all visit and participate in?
  2. Triplex

Triplex Active Member

3. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

There's other train forums? :confused: ;) :D sign1

Kidding :) in addition to TrainBoard, I sometimes read stuff at railroad-line.com

4. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

5. train1

train1 Member

6. railohio

railohio Active Member

I'm a moderator on nScale.net, railfan.net, and a private railroad forum.
    I'm a member at railroad.net.
    According to the administrators there I'm a troll at Trainboard.
    I used to go to therailwire but they don't seem to know much about anything.
    I'm also a member of about two dozen railroad-related Yahoo! message groups.
  7. lionelfan

lionelfan Member

The OGR on line forum, mostly O guage
  8. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

British ...

I'm a member at railway modelling web
    which is mostly British modellers who were kicked of the British Railway Modelling forum.
  9. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

10. jeffrey-wimberl

jeffrey-wimberl Active Member

11. TrainNut

TrainNut Ditat Deus

12. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

13. Cannonball

Cannonball More Trains Than Brains

Good grief! When do you find time to get off the internet and do any actual model railroading? :confused:

14. kitsune

kitsune Member

That's what I ask him all the time! Considering how little action his layout has seen....

Member of a number of forums and Yahoo. I don't particularly recommend any of them, however. The best place to learn more about whats going on in your area tends to be on various popular yahoo lists.

The best learning source of all, though, is either print or first-hand.
  15. fsm1000

fsm1000 Member

16. gruggier

gruggier Member

OK thanks all! You guys are great. Lots of info to go through now. Happy Hollidays! I got two and a half weeks off. I gonna be playin with the trains with my Son. Maybe set up an out door Christamss tree and the G scale around it. Any Long Island people here close to Deer Park?
  17. kevinba

kevinba New Member

I'm into trainboard.com (when I get time). I grew up in nearbye Huntington, would love to see pics of the g-scale around the tree, if you get a chance. I have three girls, none of who are interested in my hobby...

Happy Holidays gruggier!
    - kevin