One For CNWman...

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Dec 4, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
Meet the newest member of our Thomas layout.....

Mavis! :D

Attachments

• Mavis01.jpg
    Mavis01.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 100
  • Mavis02.jpg
    Mavis02.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 99
  • ThomasMavis01.jpg
    ThomasMavis01.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 100

CNWman

CNW Fan
Jan 3, 2007
The Riverside Railroad
sign1 cool! Now if those designers would just get their brains moving and have Bachman release Mavis by March! I mean, they actualy are making the loco Mavis is based on in their branchlines line in OO, and last I heard, all they need to do is widen the wheelbase and add extra details! I already have a plan to get her....:D

hiscopilot

Dec 27, 2006
Spring Hill, TN
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...

thats the ONE kind of thomas set we DONT have... but we have Edward for it.... hmmm.... wonder if I can modify it to fit on our HO layout...

CNWman

CNW Fan
Jan 3, 2007
The Riverside Railroad
hiscopilot said:
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...

thats the ONE kind of thomas set we DONT have... but we have Edward for it.... hmmm.... wonder if I can modify it to fit on our HO layout...

Well, Bachman's comming out with Edward this year, and I think his wheel spacing can't ride the rails.

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Dec 4, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
hiscopilot said:
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...

I really like these Tomy battery operated sets. We had talked about getting her the HO Thomas set and then we found these at Wal-Mart. I like these better for her for several reasons

1) Battery power.
2) The track goes together easy enough that she can play with the trains herself whenever she wants.
3) A little more durable than an HO set
4) Cheaper than an HO set.

The only drawback is the cheesey switches. Especially on the Y switches. They cause a lot of derailments and I'm trying to figure out a way to solve that problem. I think part of it is because we hav it sitting on the carpet and they're snagging up. If I get a board or something for her to build on, it should work better.

I spent some time looking at the Tomy website as well as YouTube. They actually make slightly more prototypical trains that run on this same type of track. You can get all kinds of expansion packs and almost all the Thomas engines are out.

Check out this YouTube layout: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B24wTek-MGQ

CNWman

CNW Fan
Jan 3, 2007
The Riverside Railroad
Cannonball said:
Not a bad idea. ;)
She's really into the battery powered Thomas engines though.
She's been making all kinds of wild point to point layouts in her room. :D

Maybe she could upgrade to HO later and use these trains to warm up to MRR. Buy Desiel 10 and the jet engine set, though, so you can have thomas rocketing away from 10sign1

oldtanker

Feb 24, 2006
West central Mn
Cool....my grandsons love the Brio and Thomas battery stuff. We did put one grandsons battery Thomas set on a baord, no problems with the switches after that.

Rick

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Dec 4, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
oldtanker said:
Cool....my grandsons love the Brio and Thomas battery stuff. We did put one grandsons battery Thomas set on a baord, no problems with the switches after that.

Rick
We keep talking about doing that with my daughter's but at the rate it's growing, we're gonna need another 4x8 layout table. :D

CNWman

CNW Fan
Jan 3, 2007
The Riverside Railroad
Cannonball said:
My daughter?
Yeah.... She's quite the little diva. :D

She will actually cry if the camera is out and we're taking pictures of anything but her. :rolleyes:

You DO know that she's not in the three pics in your first post on this thread, right?