On30 Diorama

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by Drew1125, Apr 16, 2005.

1. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

This is a little On30 diorama I'm building to get some practice working in this scale before I attempt to build a layout...Got a little bit of scenery on it yesterday...

2. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  3. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Hey Drew, that's neat. As usual, your trees are something to admire.:thumb::thumb:
  4. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

That's sweet Drew. I bet you have got juices flowing now to build the layout. Nice modelling
  5. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

That looks great Drew!!! I did a diorama for practice before I started my layout too. Yours is fantastic!

6. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

Very nice! Welcome to On30! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  7. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Thanks for the nice comments everyone!

I appreciate that…this is a whole new world for me!

I’ve done a little more work since the last post…

Originally, in order to disguise the fact that I was using regular HO code 100 track, I buried the ties with Sculptamold, covered with dirt, to represent a seldom used spur track, with just rails sticking up out of the ground…Well, this didn’t turn out as good as I had hoped, so in one of those late-night fits of inspiration, I tore up the track, & replaced it with some more HO track…this time removing about half the ties to make it look a little more “narrow gaugy”…

I’ve also started a scratchbuilt line side shed…This is the first time I’ve built anything in O scale, & I’m also a newbie at working with real wood…after a failed attempt to frame t5he structure with square balsa stock, I resorted to building a sub-wall assembly out of heavy cardstock, painted black…

I’m now in the process of glueing basswood planks to the cardstock sub-wall…

I traded some of my N scale stuff to my friend Ken, for this little Porter, & some other On30 stuff…

I removed the PRR lettering on the side of the tank, painted those pretty little red window frames engine black, dirtied everything up quite a bit, & re-lettered the engine for the Ky Rock & Asphalt Co (Ky R&A)

I left the original road #1...

Here’s the other side of the little Porter…

Well, that’s all for now…

8. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Wow that little sweetie loco looks right at home on that track Drew. Great modelling friend.
  9. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

10. jmarksbery

jmarksbery Active Member

:wave: Ah-hi, that's my boy. Looks super great Drew! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: Jim
  11. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Looks Great Drew :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  12. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Beautiful weathering job Drew!!! Looks great!!! :thumb:

13. Lighthorseman

Lighthorseman Active Member

Just Goes To Show...

...that your talent is obviously not restricted to N scale. That's beautiful work, Drew. :thumb: