Old Tri-Delta board

Discussion in 'FAQs' started by felliott, Jul 12, 2005.

1. felliott

felliott New Member

Found half dozen old circuit boards chock full of resistrors and ten connector
    poles for wiring. Boards are Tri Delta D-2. Must have something to do with old HO systems..for powering something. Anybody got an idea. Board has a metal flat bar about 3/4" X 4" with two round metal devises wired into the cicuit. The center of this has a # IN3491 7844.
  2. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

Hi Felliott...

I don't have an answer for you, but if you'd like I will move your post to the Technical Q&A section where you might get a better response...

3. felliott

felliott New Member

TR D Circuit Boards

Andrew-Thanks. My pleasure to have u place the query in the

TECH section. AM busy putting finishing touches on LOWER section of

My layout and "rediscovering" so much that I have forgotten. Both frustrating

and delightful. Want to be sure all conmnections etc are tight---the insulated

rail connectors in place-and now beginning to set ? in place some old NJ Twin C

coil switch machines. After 25 years they still throw with real power! Again

4. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

Welcome back to the hobby, and welcome to The Gauge.

Don, maybe you can shed some light on this... ;)

5. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

I can't help too much. The 1N3491 is a general purpose, high current diode. The 7844 is probably the date code, manufacted in the 44th week of 1978 making this assembly kinda old. I have no clue as to who Tri-delta is. Possibly a picture would help (front and back), but it just sounds like maybe something to do with a lighting or power distribution circuit.
  6. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Don - I was going to "guess" the old "Wire Wrap terminal boards... But a Picture would be great!!

Welcome Aboard, Felliott!! :D :D
  7. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

The resistors and diode kinda make it more specific. I'd know a bit more if I could have the color code and see a picture of the resistors. The two diodes gives me the idea that they are isolating two power circuits.

The fact that the board is so old may be a clue as to why I can't find any information on the company.
  8. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Oh ok - very good :) :) :) Now we have a mystery to solve :D :D :D :D

Best of Luck, Sir! :D :D :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
  9. jim currie

jim currie Active Member

don't know if this is it but Marklin had a line of decoders call delta.