Old Tri-Delta board

felliott

Feb 22, 2005
Found half dozen old circuit boards chock full of resistrors and ten connector
poles for wiring. Boards are Tri Delta D-2. Must have something to do with old HO systems..for powering something. Anybody got an idea. Board has a metal flat bar about 3/4" X 4" with two round metal devises wired into the cicuit. The center of this has a # IN3491 7844.

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Hi Felliott...

I don't have an answer for you, but if you'd like I will move your post to the Technical Q&A section where you might get a better response...

Andrew

felliott

Feb 22, 2005
TR D Circuit Boards

Andrew-Thanks. My pleasure to have u place the query in the

TECH section. AM busy putting finishing touches on LOWER section of

My layout and "rediscovering" so much that I have forgotten. Both frustrating

and delightful. Want to be sure all conmnections etc are tight---the insulated

rail connectors in place-and now beginning to set ? in place some old NJ Twin C

coil switch machines. After 25 years they still throw with real power! Again

THANKS

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
MasonJar said:
Done...!

Welcome back to the hobby, and welcome to The Gauge.

Don, maybe you can shed some light on this... ;)

Andrew
I can't help too much. The 1N3491 is a general purpose, high current diode. The 7844 is probably the date code, manufacted in the 44th week of 1978 making this assembly kinda old. I have no clue as to who Tri-delta is. Possibly a picture would help (front and back), but it just sounds like maybe something to do with a lighting or power distribution circuit.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Mikey,

The resistors and diode kinda make it more specific. I'd know a bit more if I could have the color code and see a picture of the resistors. The two diodes gives me the idea that they are isolating two power circuits.

The fact that the board is so old may be a clue as to why I can't find any information on the company.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
ezdays said:
Mikey,

The resistors and diode kinda make it more specific. I'd know a bit more if I could have the color code and see a picture of the resistors. The two diodes gives me the idea that they are isolating two power circuits.

The fact that the board is so old may be a clue as to why I can't find any information on the company.

Oh ok - very good :) :) :) Now we have a mystery to solve :D :D :D :D

Best of Luck, Sir! :D :D :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: