Old Pictures and New Blogs

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by ocalicreek, Jun 4, 2007.

1. ocalicreek

ocalicreek Member

A couple questions:

1. How do I get the pictures in my old threads to show up?

2. How do I start a new blog?

2. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

At the very top of the page is the ling to Blogs... You can only have 1 blog, per member. Although you can start categories within the blog...

As far as starting a new one, you should find the link to the right of the main blog screen - scroll down.. My link isn't there anymore, since i started my blog already...

As far as pics, if you are talking about pics that were attachments or in the old Gauge Gallery - Peter is working on that. We'll have to see how many re-appear, but you might have to upload them again and any "links" you have will have to be re-linked to the new pics.....
  3. ocalicreek

ocalicreek Member

I really don't like the idea of having to re-upload all those pics on my 26.4 connection. So I do hope that Peter has good luck in getting the old threads going again.

My other alternative is getting my webpage up and running again, but that also requires re-uploading the pics to that host. I don't plan on leaving The Gauge, but I gotta say it's a whole lot slower for me now than it used to be.

I'll check out the blog page again, but I didn't notice the link to the right of the main blog screen when I was last there.
  4. Peter T Davis

Peter T Davis Guy Behind the Curtains

If you have some specific threads you want the pictures updated in, please point them out to me and I'll do them up for you.
  5. ocalicreek

ocalicreek Member

Specifically, the two in my signature. Thanks!
  6. ocalicreek

ocalicreek Member

Also, I still can't find the way to start a new blog. Do I need additional software to do this?
  7. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

No, hang in there, it's around here somewhere. Hey Mikey, move that desk, I think it might have rolled under there somewhere....sign1 sign1

Actually, it used to be a menu item, but the menu disappeared. We'll get it back as soon as we figure out where it went...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  8. ocalicreek

ocalicreek Member

Whew! That's a relief. I thought I had regressed. Happy Hunting.

I was thinking of using a blog to describe my general hobby activity and using threads to highlight specific projects.