Old boys railroad in Sweden

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by berraf, Dec 26, 2006.

1. berraf

berraf Member

Hi there everybody!
    We are two old fellows in southern Sweden that builds a model railroad layout in a cellar. The theme for the railroad are: Have fun :thumb:
    We gladly mix swedish rolling stock with US and don´t bother about it. We simply have fun.
    You can see our layout at our website. Please sign our guestbook if you visit us :)

2. Thoroughbreed

Thoroughbreed Member

Welcome aboard!!!
    A very good looking layout sir, nice tracklaying:thumb: :thumb:
  3. Herc Driver

Herc Driver Active Member

Great! The pictures are interesting seeing so many diesels and engines from different places on one layout.

4. prodigy2k7

prodigy2k7 Member

wow, lots of track in a small space, i like the track in the middle area, creative, nice job
  5. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

Welcome to The Gauge:wave:

Great work, I really like the clean look of those control panels. And noe I don't feel so alone running European equipment with my American locos and cars...:thumb:
  6. CRed

CRed Member

I think some of those Marklin Models are awesome looking,especially the ones modelled after trains from the third reich,very attractive and I wouldn't mind having one.

Nice layout also!

7. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

Hello and welcome! Thanks for sharing your web site with us. I really like those professional looking control panels as well!
  8. berraf

berraf Member

Thank´s everyone for your response to our little railroad. :wave:
    It´s really a small layout but we think we have the space that we need to both build a landscape and to run some traffic.
    You can see a movie from a interesting trainmeeting at our railroad between "The ugly duckling" and a Swedish Rc-locomotive here http://www.fasth.de/trains/film/tagmote.MOV
  9. Jim Krause

Jim Krause Active Member

Welcome, from one old boy to another. Nice to hear from you. I worked in your country in 1991 and was surprised at the number of model railroaders that I met.
  10. berraf

berraf Member

Where did you worked?
  11. Jim Krause

Jim Krause Active Member

I worked as a field service rep for Boeing. I was at Arlanda Airport, with Lynjaflyg airlines. I lived in the community of Mearsta, about five kilometers from the airport. Please excuse my spelling of the the Swedish names.
  12. berraf

berraf Member

I´m familiar with Arlanda and Märsta because many years ago I worked at the fire brigade at Arlanda airport. I also worked as a firefighter at Bromma domestic airport south of Stockholm.
  13. berraf

berraf Member

We have some american diesels and they all are going very well but this loco is number one. A lot of muscles but moves like a lady, with grace...
    We believe it´s a SD70M but we are not sure so could someone tell us if we are right or wrong? :)
  14. joesho

joesho Member

cred i tottally agree with you they look very nice and were total workhorses in there time,berraf your off to a good start
  15. Thoroughbreed

Thoroughbreed Member

It appears to be a GE C44-9W.
  16. viperman

viperman Active Member

berraf, is that not a dash 9? Or like thoroughbreed says C44-9W
  17. green_elite_cab

green_elite_cab Keep It Moving!

yeah, thats definitely a C44-9W.

EMD locomotives ( such as the SD70M) have a different style cab, and they don't have the winged radiators.

the winged radiators are a feature of GE locomotives.
  18. berraf

berraf Member

Thanks for your help with the loco identity :)
    I really need to read moore about US locos beacaus at the moment I don´t can see the difference but that will come. I hope :rolleyes:
    Please visit our website´s loco-site and see if there´s something moore that is wrong.
    Thanks for your help!
  19. Triplex

Triplex Active Member

20. berraf

berraf Member

Okej! I´m new at the forum and I didn´t know about this ID-forum. Now i know and will take the time I need to update my database :)
    Thanks for the tipTriplex