OK, whadja get??

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by spitfire, Dec 25, 2004.

1. Freelancer

Freelancer Member

Hmmm....Lets see,

DH163 Decoder
    #.60-#.80 Drill Bits
    Pin Vise
    200 GB HDD
    New Shoes
    Wide angle and Telephoto lenses

I also bought myself a couple rolling stock kits. Wrapped em up and labeled them from someone else so no one knew that I had to fulfill my own wish list. hehe

2. NYC-BKO

NYC-BKO Member

Well let's see: Clothes, gidgets and gadgets, DVD, this years Hallmark Lionel ornaments (my sister's been getting me these since they started the series), small CD/cassette/radio, Trainwise P2K CB&Q GP30, NYC FA/FB-2, C&O Caboose and some cars.:thumb:
  3. brakie

brakie Active Member

I wuz on Santa's bad boy list this year.. :cry:

So I got the following:
    6 Athearn cars (reefers)
    2 Atlas ACF Covered Hoppers-Undec..Soon to be C&HV.
    1 3 pound box of chocolate candy. :thumb:
    1 $50.00 gift card from Wally World.
    1 Black tie-Man,I don't even wear ties!! :eek:
    1.A set of John Wayne Movies-Big Jake/Rio Bravo.
    1.A set of Clint Eastwood movies..Pale Rider/Unforgiven
    2 western books..Death Rides a Pale Horse and Under the Noose.
    1 2 Pound box of chocolate covered cherries. :thumb:
    And a NS coffee cup. :D
  4. theBear

theBear Member

But Larry black ties are for formal get dressed up and go to really expensive places.

Well Santa left:

Dremel tool set
    Dremel accessory set
    3 structure kits
    1 bridge kit
    1 B&A GP7 #62
    1 Ford pick'em up truck set
    1 B&A EVANS 50'
    1 B&A 40' plug door
    Cash to go towards the train room

That's the important (train [​IMG]) stuff [​IMG].
  5. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

Someone's gotta get 'em ;) :thumb:
  6. Dave Flinn

Dave Flinn Member

No model stuff here (but I didn't ask Santa for any, either); but I got three RR books that I wanted, plus a nice calendar. That's the RR stuff, but I got a nice shirt and some other goodies, too. Guess I was a pretty good boy this year.
  7. kchronister

kchronister Member

Let's see...

Two shirts

Train or Train-Related:

Cordless tool set (reciprocating saw, circular saw, drill, vacuum, jigsaw)
    Cordless Dremel
    Dremel accessory set
    CMX Track Cleaning Car
    BLI K4
    Rivarossi 4-6-4 Hudson
    8 Rivarossi PRR passenger cars
    3 Reefers
    $50 Gift Cert for the LHS
  8. UPJunkie

UPJunkie Member

what i got for Christmas .......

Well i got the best present ever being married to my wife
  9. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Hmmm let's see, I got a small wooden chest with train carved into the top, a blanket with a wolf on it that my mom made me, a wireless controller for the playstation 2, gift card LOL, money & a little porcelin firefighter.

:wave: Hope Everyone Had A Great Holiday, I Know I Did :wave:
  10. Mother's homemade Pecan Pralines

Happy that she is still here to make'm for me again this year :thumb:
    We did something different this year, we treated ourselves to the Royal Orleans Rib Room on Christmas Eve, and after spending $80 a person on dinner, we felt like we got a bargan when the parking lot pay booth was unattended and closed for christmas and we parked for "free".
  11. ScottyB

ScottyB Member

Mine is similar to UP Junkie...

My girlfriend said "yes" on Christmas Eve after everyone left and the fireplace was still going... Perfect.

12. Bob Collins

Bob Collins Active Member

I would just like to know that if I model the steam era, would you consider the lump of coal that was in my stocking to be model railroad related :confused:

13. Wyomingite

Wyomingite Member

Sounds like you folks all had a grand Christmas. I recieved my N-Scale Birkshire before Christmas and the California Zephyr passenger car set. The Birkshire I had to return as it was missing parts but I do have two Shays ordered that should be here in a few weeks. I also got a woolrich jacket.

Ron :thumb: :thumb: :wave:
  14. Glen Haasdyk

Glen Haasdyk Active Member

My Wife got me a 'Polar Express' lantern. Instead of a bulb in the glass there's a snow globe with the conductor and the boy running through the snow (it lights up too).
    I got a little cash that went towards the purchase of my new Life-like P2K FA-1 in CN green/gold.
    But the neatest thing that I got train-related was series of pictures. My Wife's grandfather worked on the CNR for 40 years until his retirment in 1966. My inlaws went through all their old photo albums and had blow-up copies made of all the railroad pictures for me. I'll be scanning them into the computer and posting them as soon as I can.
  15. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

I hope everyone had a great Christmas! And to those who don't celebrate, I hope you had great other winter hollidays!

I received some lovely gifts from dear friends. One a GP9 with an LED headlamp (yes I popped the hood on it and had a peek inside right away :) ), and a pair of HO trucks. I was visualizing the trucks weathered, then I was told they are 30 years old and collectable. THANKS GUYS :D

Then I bought myself a cross slide vise to enable myself to do some simple milling on my drill press. It seemed my drill press was not up to the task. Then last week, I saw Menards had a "Tool Shop" drill press on sale for $40. I had no choice, but to upgrade. When I went there, I saw the $70 model was much sturdier. This is not my fault, I had to go for the better one. I'm sure you understand. After geting the $70 one home, I was not really happy with the quality of the "Tool Shop" brand. Today I noticed a better brand on sale for $99, and it's a 12 speed with laser. Of course, I had no choice once again. I was cornered. I had to return the cheapie and get the $99 pro-tech. :D :D :D

Attached Files:

16. cidchase

cidchase Active Member

I'm so sorry, Scott, but I'm compelled to ask...

What was your question??? :D :D :D
  17. kchronister

kchronister Member

Jon -

I understand completely. I have a garage full of tools, a significant chunk of the motive power, and two autos that were also completely not my fault, I had no choice...

18. rcwatkins

rcwatkins Member

I got plenty of scenery stuff, some tunes & a Wal-Mart:)() stereo, a clock, and the good old fashioned favorite, money. Oh yeah almost forgot, a World Atlas. I really didn't seem too excited about this year less than last year, which (most of it anyway) was a dissapointment.

Forgot one other thing too, some "ballast" that's really a plastic container of coal!
  19. Blake

Blake Member

Let's see, a 1 lb. bar of white chocolate, a vibrating thingy for my lower lumbar (back problems you know), a color photo book of Frank Lloyd Wrights interiors, a Tichy HO 150 ton crane, a Tichy HO boom car, an Atlas N Erie reefer and a Microtrains N Swift reefer. AND LOTS OF MISC. CANDY so I can keep my nice figure.