Kit before Starting
kdxa.jpg

Garage with the farm house
kdy_001a.jpg

Front of the garage
kdy_002a.jpg

Rear of the Garage
kdy_003a.jpg

Matching the paint scheme and weathering on that little garage really adds to the believability of the scene. Nice job!

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
cool stuff! are you going to add water in that ditch? it reminds me of when I used to live in another part of NJ. there was a ditch ( not by any track unfortunately) like that, and i'd be sitting their catching tadpoles and stuff. once me and my friends got ambushed by an under ground hornets nest, lol. i thought i got away until a block later a single hornet came and stung me, lol. all of my other friends got it bad.

keep up the good work!

tetters

Rail Spiking Fool!
You do some excellent work Tom.

So just how big is this layout going to be once it's all done?

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Another construction that has begun again.

I started off with coloring the road. I painted it with Folk Art Dark Gray. I then drybrushed it with Folk Art Charcoal Gray, Light Gray, and then again Charcoal Gray.

farmhouse2aa.jpg

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
I now have added some dirt shoulders with Woodland Scenics Fine Turf – Earth. The barn is shown in its eventual spot.

farmhouse2b_001a.jpg

farmhouse2b_002a.jpg

steamhead

Hey Tom..!! Good to see you're back in harness...Hope to see more pics as you progress. BTW...What did you use to make the road..??

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Thanks!

I finished adding the medium green fine turf a couple of weeks ago. I finally got some photos of it.

farmhouse2d_001a.jpg

farmhouse2d_002a.jpg

Here we are with the farm buildings temporarily in place. I still need to do driveways.

farmhouse2d_003a.jpg

farmhouse2d_004a.jpg

UP SD40-2

Tom:wav: , WOW!!!:eeki: looking GREAT so far:thumb: . i really like the side of the hill & tree line on top:thumb::thumb::thumb::mrgreen: .
:deano: -Deano

HO DOCTOR

:thumb::thumb: Great build. I enjoy the pictures and updates. It's a how-to that I will follow to the end.

Keep up the good work.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Thanks!

I added some WS turf – Earth before we went on vacation to lay the base areas for driveways and areas around the barns.

farmhouse2e_001a.jpg

farmhouse2e_002a.jpg

UP SD40-2

Its really turning out FANTASTIC TOM!!!:thumb::thumb::thumb: the details & scenes you put in will really set it off:winki::mrgreen: . GREAT JOB!:thumb:
:deano: -Deano

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Thanks guys!

Here are a couple of progress shots of the foliage along the ridge behind the Farm House area.

farmhouse2f_001a.jpg

farmhouse2f_002a.jpg

I used WS Clump Foliage, Fine Leaf Foliage, and foliage to make the scene.