Off topic, Katrina relief

Gary Pfeil

May 7, 2001
Boonton NJ
Visit site
I just had to make all our Gauge members aware of a cd which has been produced as a benefit to Katrina survivors. This cd was announced back at the end of November and I immediately ordered several copies, it has only now been released, and I received my order today. ( A couple late Xmas presents to give!) I'm listening to it for the first time right now, only have gotten to track 6. The type music is "progressive " rock, a genre I am most fond of. I realize it is not a type music which gets much air play and that a good many of you will have no idea what it is. So forgive me if I proceed to try to give you a clue about it. Although not called progressive at the time, its roots are in the 70's, bands like Yes, Genesis, ELP. It is very varied, ranging from mellow mellotron to raging guitar. I am loving what I'm hearing so far, if anyone is into rock derived from the likes of the above mentioned bands and wants to help the Katrina relief effort, you can find more info on this cd at this site:

http://afterthestorm.nearfestrecords.com/

24 bands have contibuted material for this project, you have an excellent chance of discovering some exciting new music. Rock lovers who like to go outside the mainstream, please order one!

I'd love to hear from anyone who also knows about this music.