Off to the slammer again

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Harpo, Aug 13, 2006.

1. Harpo

Harpo Member

OK, folks, here we go again....
    The last tests show the leukemia coming back so it's back in the slammer for another round of chemo starting Wednesday. (But it's been great being home for the last 6 months!) Hopefully this will be the last round before the transplant process...the search for a donor match is going on now. Happy to say that UNC hospital is one of the best in the country for this sort of thing, so thats a real positive...and they're threatening to cut me loose after only about a week or so...even better, although I'll have to stay pretty isolated for awhile. (I'll believe the quick release when I see's usually been 7 weeks (!)) The other good news is that I believe that the rooms have internet access, so I'll be able to stay in touch with the Gauge; surf to my hearts content, and maybe even learn how to use 3d Planit. Y'all may get really tired of my postings in the next few weeks. But....prayers and good wishes gladly accepted.

2. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Absolutly!! Best Wishes and Prayers your way!! We hope to see you done with all this soon!!! Hurry up and find a doner!!!! God Bless!!
  3. jim currie

jim currie Active Member

here's hoping for the best :thumb:
  4. NCMRailroad

NCMRailroad Member

Best to you...

Hope your fight with such a terrible battle is successful.. My hat's off to you all the way. Good luck and best wishes from North Coast Model Railroader (founder):thumb: :wave: :)
  5. Iron Goat

Iron Goat Member

My prayers and best wishes go with you, Harpo... I hope you can stay connected to the forum while you are there.

God bless... Bob
  6. kmorris

kmorris Member

Hang in there and hope to see ya back soon!
  7. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

I don't think so Harpo! Glad you can stay connected while getting treatment. God be with you as you face another round and best wishes for a donor match!
  8. RailRon

RailRon Active Member

My best wishes for you, too, Harpo. And I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, so that you'll find a matching donor.

Get better real soon - and stay connected to the Gauge, whenever you can.

9. cidchase

cidchase Active Member

Best Wishes, Harpo! :thumb: Keep up the good fight; we are all pulling for ya!
  10. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

All our prayers are with you.
  11. hooknlad

hooknlad Member

You got it harpo !!!!!! you are in my thoughts and prayers
  12. Russ Bellinis

Russ Bellinis Active Member

Our prayers will be with you. No way we'll ever get tire of hearing from you. Hope you can stay connected to the gauge in the hospital. The gauge has to b better than t.v.
  13. interurban

interurban Active Member

Prayers and good wishes are on there way.
    Hoping all turnes out well.
  14. Herc Driver

Herc Driver Active Member

You fight it hard - stay in touch with us - get back quickly - that's an order! God Bless.
  15. ratjag

ratjag Member

You keep fighting and win mister! we want to see those posts keep coming. best wishes from the UK for a speedy return home:thumb:
  16. brakie

brakie Active Member

Best of luck and God bless.