Oct 1931

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by Drew1125, Mar 19, 2003.

1. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

A freight train makes its way along the slopes of Goad Mtn. on the Poor Fork Mining RR...

I originaly took this as a color photo, but it came out too dark...I was going to delete it, but started playing around with it on the computer...I removed the color, brightened it up, & washed out some of the contrast...I thought it came out kinda neat looking...kind of an old, faded look to it.

Attached Files:

2. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Here's another one...

Attached Files:

3. Gary Pfeil

Gary Pfeil Active Member

Charlie, They look great, particularly the second one, but if I may, if the loco were weathered the first photo would look better. No offense of course.

4. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Neat Charlie! Didn't know your line ran by Goad Mountain, can you stop by Goad Road and drop off a small package for me :D :D :D
  5. jimmybeersa

jimmybeersa Member

Charlie......I was born in May 1931, so I too have that old faded look..... Nice pictures !!!
  6. Woodie

Woodie Active Member

Fabby piccies, Charlie. Looking good. :) The things you can do on pooters these days. :cool: :eek:
  7. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Nice Charlie, but then I'm partial to Goad Mtn. Jon bad news, Goad Mtn. is in Kentucky, Goad's Road is in North Carolina. :D
  8. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Thanks everyone! :)
    Yeah I agree about the weathering...I just haven't gotten around to it yet... I will though...just give me some time...I'm not Shamus ya know!:D :rolleyes: :eek:
    I just kinda settled on that year as a good era, 'cause my dad was born that year too...about a month before you!:cool:

N. Carolina...? That's just right over the hill from here, aint it?:D :p :D
  9. philip

philip Guest

Hey Charlie! I really like your photos & ballast work...looks very real. Where in the heck is Goad Ky:confused:

10. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

Great photo and layout. This was one year to the month before I was born.
  11. Sir_Prize

Sir_Prize Member

I can see the guy up on the hill with the huge camera, and all his equipment.
    Boy we have come a long ways in a short time.
    Hmmm.... Being able to picture that fella way back then is amazing
    for me. I was born in 1970...:p ;) :D
  12. interurban

interurban Active Member

O BOY

Now I have to start playing with mine Charlie, You did a great job.
    Nice Steamer,
    Now where is my photo Lab:D :D :D
  13. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

An interesting effect Charlie. Just amazing what these PCs can do.
    Nice railroad scene. Very realistic
  14. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Couple of really nice photo's Charlie, interesting how some photos look better in B/W.

15. Peirce

Peirce Member

Gotta agree. Those shots have a classic vintage look.
  16. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Love it!

Nice idea Charlie. Reminds me of some of the prototype photos I've been turning up lately, looking for CN steam. Of course anything pre 1950s will be in black and white. Although this can be frustrating when looking for modelling info (!) it looks great when done to a model. Excellent!

:D Val
  17. t. alexander

t. alexander Member

Hi Charlie
    I like them alot. I might go b&w with some of my pics if'in I ever get something together enought to shoot.