O Scale Bushes/Undergrowth

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by Drew1125, Apr 7, 2005.

1. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Every time my wife makes…er…I mean asks…me to do the dishes, I always look at these little plastic scouring pads, & think, “There’s gotta be somthin’ I could do with these things…”

Well, I finally snagged one, & ran downstairs with it, & did a little “surgery” on it…

I cut a couple of chunks out of it with some scissors, & kind of pulled them apart into some random shapes…then I spray painted them with some Floquil Roof Brown…

I sprinkled some ground foam onto the still-wet paint…

I thought they made some nice O, or HO scale bushes…

2. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

Cool idea... the single strands look like the wild vines I have growing all over my backyard trees.

3. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Drew, that is a really cool idea you came up with. :thumb:
  4. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

BRILLIANT!!!!! I'm going to go buy some of those!!! Very nice effect!
  5. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Great idea. The more they've been used, the skagglier they get, or did you use new ones? I wonder if they make mini-scrubbers for N scale????:D:D
  6. jmarksbery

jmarksbery Active Member

:thumb: :thumb: Good one Drew. You are going to be a big asset to the O scale modlers. Your friend, :wave: Jim
  7. Dan Vincent

Dan Vincent Member

Great idea, I'm getting into On3 and always looking for scenery tips.

Who's doing the dishes now?
  8. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Great idea Drew! If you steal all the pot-scrubbers, maybe your wife will banish you from doing dishes!!! :D :D :D

9. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Thanks for the nice comments everyone!:)
    I should have mentioned that I used about 1/4 of the scouring pad to make two good sized bushes...We buy these things at the grocery for around $1 for a 3-pack...This makes this a faily cheap scenic material!

Believe me Val...it wouldn't be the first time I'd been banished from the kitchen...let's see there was that time melting the "EZ Water" pellets on the stove...& then that other time when I dried the dirt in the oven...& then there was that incident with the blender...YIKES! :eek: :oops: :rolleyes: