Nut, bolt, washer castings

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by Glen Haasdyk, Sep 17, 2004.

1. Glen Haasdyk

Glen Haasdyk Active Member

Can anyone tell me where I could get NBW castings? I'm looking for the size for wooden trestles, anyone know sizes? either Metal or plastic castings are good and I need alot of them so a bulk buy would be the way to go I guess if possible.
  2. Muddy Creek

Muddy Creek Member

If no one else has them cheaper, Walthers lists Detail Associates, plastic casting of HO scale 3/4" nuts w/ 2" washers for US $2.00. Just looked for these a few days ago for a switching layout/pier project I'm planning. (Gonna be another long winter.)

3. TrainClown

TrainClown Member

I cast my own bolts and washers for thebumper on my Climax. My model came without the part, so I had to scratch build it. That included the hardware. I made a mold out of latex casting rubber from some samples I found on the side of the Climax engine and cast them with 5-min Epoxy. Worked........well........see for yourself.

TrainClown :wave:

Attached Files:

4. Ray Marinaccio

Ray Marinaccio Active Member

Looks good TC. :thumb:
  5. NYC-BKO

NYC-BKO Member

Grandt Line has them 100/pack listed at $3.00, various sizes.

BTW - nice work TC.-:thumb:
  6. Fred_M

Fred_M Guest

Nice work TC. But I will have to go with the Grandt Line castings too. Just don't limit yourself to what they sell as HO scale bolts. They also sell O scale ones which work well for big bolts in HO. They have a website and sell direct, I have had some problems with other places stocking them. Fred
  7. Glen Haasdyk

Thanks for the help. I'll try looking at Grandt Line's stuff.
  8. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

I pick mine up at the LHS so I can see what I'm getting. Tichy makes some as well as the others mentioned. Seems Like Tichy or GL is usually the best for me.
  9. rcline

rcline Member

thats really nice work TC !!
  10. Glen Haasdyk

I'd pick up mine at the hobby syore as well but the local hobby store leave a little to be desired.
  11. ak-milw

ak-milw New Member

Glen, For a trestle, you might want to go with 1" bolts.:p TC :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  12. Glen Haasdyk

Thanks, that's what I'll go for then