Ns Sd40 3170 Layout Door

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by Scott Teague, Jan 9, 2004.

1. Scott Teague

Scott Teague Member

Here is the door going into my NS layout room.

2. Secret Weapon

Secret Weapon Member

Hey Scotty,
    Have I told you how much I hate you lately?:D Mike
  3. Sir_Tainly

Sir_Tainly Member

Nice work Scott, saw it first in the MR Special. Sure beats a sign on the door LOL :)
  4. belg

belg Member

That's super I think that will be a future project for me. Which issue was it in?
  5. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

Awesome!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  6. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

That is just T:) :) C:cool: :cool:L

Wonder how that would look as a front door?

7. pomperaugrr

pomperaugrr Member

That is a great entrance to the layout room! The photo in GMR didn't do it justice. I love the view through the cab windows! That is a great detail. Thanks for sharing your work.

8. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

:thumb: :cool: :thumb: :cool: :thumb: :cool:
  9. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

You did a really really nice job on that! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I'm glad you N scalers are not obsessed with your hobby, else it may take over your life :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D :D :D ;) ;) :p :p :p
  10. fifer

fifer Active Member

Scott , Thats really cool , but my next question would be what does your Car look like ??????
  11. ddavidv

ddavidv Member

You guys never cease to amaze me! :thumb:
  12. roryglasgow

roryglasgow Active Member

It's kinda like looking through the door into Wonderland or something... Or maybe when Willy Wonka opened the door into the candy garden...

Cool! :):):)
  13. Scott Teague

Scott Teague Member

I'm glad it's not the candy garden my kids would eat my layout up.:D :D :D :D

14. rcwatkins

rcwatkins Member

Model Railroader's Great Model Railroads 2004.
  15. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

I missed this thread until now. I saw your layout featured in GMR 2004. Your work looks great and there were lots of pics. congratulations. I'm glad you posted more pics of the door. I was curious about it after reading the article.
    Very cool!!!!
  16. Cinnibar

Cinnibar Member

I read your article in GMR........great stuff and beautiful pictures. Your door is really something - excellent workmanship and it certainly does convey an entrance to your "Wonderland".

I was going to copy your idea but my layout is all steam and my wife won't let me put a boiler and cab in the hallway to my train room. :thumb:
  17. Scott Teague

Scott Teague Member

Re: Door

Hey Cinnibar I was born in El paso, TX.

18. fifer

fifer Active Member

El Paso

Cinnibar and Scot , I'm in Las Cruces , Cinnibar give me a call and come by if your in town. I,m in the book.
    Mike Fifer
    And once again VERY COOL DOOR !!!!!!

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  19. Cinnibar

Cinnibar Member

The Great Southwest

We had the doors and windows open today. I'm a Chicago boy but have lived in El Paso for 14 years - love it. If you haven't been back I bet you would hardly recognize the place.

Were you at the last GATS show in El Paso?
  20. fifer

fifer Active Member

Cinnibar , Yes I was there but only one day looking.
    I started the Dona Ana Modular HO club but am now in N Scale and No club here.
    Also belonged to the Mesilla Valley club at the fairgounds and Got that building for the club.