Norfolk Southern SD70M

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
I have never seen NS's SD70M with the flaired grills yet.. :cry: I live about 1500 feet from NS's Sandusky Line.. So,that will be my target engine come warm weather and I start railfaning again. :D I really like the "Nag head" scheme.
Thanks for sharing. :wave:

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
brakie said:
I have never seen NS's SD70M with the flaired grills yet.. :cry: I live about 1500 feet from NS's Sandusky Line.. So,that will be my target engine come warm weather and I start railfaning again. :D I really like the "Nag head" scheme.
Thanks for sharing. :wave:

Your Welcome Larry. I like sharing my photo's & showing them to everyone on here. Maybe you will get to see one of them when the weather is warmer. They are a common sight around here in Pa. Only 1500 ft? WOW :eek: And i live about 1 mile from the main line and where i live at i can see i would say about 5 miles of the long grade that comes through my town. Hope you get to see one and take a couple of photo's of it. :wave: :wave:

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
I have always been a fan of the C&O and N&W..After moving to Bucyrus 17 years ago I started railfaning the NS more.Railfan trips to Bellevue showed me what the NS is all about as I watched in awl as train after train entered or departed the Bellevue yard..So the NS became my favorite modern railroad.I have watch the CSX at the Willard yard but IMHO CSX can not match the NS as far as train activity..I am finally beginning to collect some HO NS locomotives after putting it off for the last 6 years..

railohio

Dec 29, 2000
Those 2600's are sharp! I'm thinking about getting on of the Athearn units when they are released, even though they are too new for my layout's theme.