Noob here

Discussion in 'The Caboose' started by puddlejumper, Dec 7, 2007.

1. puddlejumper

puddlejumper Member

Just wanted to stop in and say hello. :wave: I kinda stumbled upon this forum while searching for photos of the B&O Dockside switchers for reference material for a project. So far as I can tell, the model railroaders here seem to be a much nicer crowd than the "railfans" at forums where I was previously a member.

My name is Dave, I have been interested in model trains for about 25 years. I have 1:1 railroad experience, having worked for CSXT on former B&O, RF&P, and PRR lines in Maryland, Penna, New Jersey, and Virginia. The name Puddlejumper comes from when I worked on the Baltimore Terminal Subdivision we called SW and MP type locomtives "puddlejumpers".:rolleyes:

I have a free-lanced RR, the Baltimore and Potomac Railroad, or the Potomac Line. It is very loosley based on railroads in Maryland, and runs from Potomac Yard in Alexandria Va, through DC and Maryland to Baltimore and Philadelphia. As of now, I don't actually have a layout, just a bunch of trains and a goal to reach for.

I will be checking in often, glad I found this site!:thumb:

2. DeckRoid

DeckRoid Member

I, too, stumbled upon this forum. I really enjoy my time spent here as everyone likes to send info and give great advice to my beginner questions.

And don't forget that every Friday there is a new Weekly Fun Photo thread.

3. rogerw

rogerw Active Member

Welcome aboard Dave.
  4. w8jy

w8jy Member

Welcome to the Gauge, Dave. You will find this to be a great group with a world of information that they are happy to share with you. Good to have you with us.
  5. Nomad

Nomad Active Member

Hello Dave:wave:
    Glad you joined us.

6. scubadude

scubadude Member

7. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

welcome Aboard.. from someone who lives 3 blocks from the NE corridor!!! :D :D
  8. Jim Krause

Jim Krause Active Member

Welcome aboard Dave, from Northern Pacific country (Montana)
  9. puddlejumper

puddlejumper Member

My favorite stretch of railroad! I have ridden the corridor it's entire length, though unfortunately I only ever operated over the Landover-Bowie, Washington Terminal, and Philadelphia Sections as a rail. As a modeler I hope to change some of that!

10. nkp174

nkp174 Active Member

Welcome from a down which was served by B&O mainlines from the North, East, and West.
  11. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

Glad you found us Dave!
  12. MCL_RDG

MCL_RDG Member

Welcome aboard pud.

I'll be looking for interchange with ya outta philly.