Nifty attic Find

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by screwysquirrel, Jun 9, 2004.

1. I found this near-mint Athean Bicentennial engine in the attic. I think there might be an HO scale 1970s-era layout in my future :cool: (not for 2-3 years though) :cry:

Attached Files:

2. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

That's a nice find. I don't have an attic with any treasures in it... :( Hopefully the twist ties are not permanent! ;)

3. twist ties

the ties are holding it in the original box.
  4. Fred_M

Fred_M Guest

Hey, some pesky squirrel got in my attic and got my loco. :D Where did you really find it? FRED
  5. Where found

In my parents attic. They bought it when I had my first trainset in the mid 1970s
  6. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: Cool beans, Squirrel. Better hone your handrail making skills though, I don't think Athearn's put out a U-boat in 20+ years. :eek: Lessee if you can go back up in that attic and pull out one o' their Auto-Trains?
  7. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Cool find SS! I wonder what other treasures are up there?

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

8. GMRCNut868

GMRCNut868 New Member

I think i have a very similar loco to that one, or atleast it looks like that. Mines a Tyco model i beleive, and i have the original set to go with it, with all rolling stock and track in original boxes :eek: ! It needs the wheels cleaned and a tune up which i hope i will get around to doing one of these days...

9. I have the tyco as well, not in anywhere near as good a condition -- the front truck is just hanging by wires. I might see if I have take the shell off the Tyco and use it as an unpowered engine.