Newbie (to this board)

Discussion in 'The Caboose' started by FallBuck&Scaler, Jul 2, 2006.

1. FallBuck&Scaler

FallBuck&Scaler New Member

Hey ya'll.... was searching on the web for logging info, and suchlike, and found this place... I've been lurking for a solid week, but decided this is definitely my kinda forum!

My brother and I are getting back into HO scale modeling after a long interlude, while we both attempted to make enough money to retire! We're thick in the middle of the planning stage of a CB&Q semi-accurate layout, with a logging spur (I'm a former timber beast for the US Forest Service) complete with tie hack camp and some of those good Ozark oak ties.... I suspect Casey Feedwater will approve? I'm hoping I can make something akin to the Current River watershed, with a few stump farms and a couple thousand ties, both creasoted and non-creasoted...

After all, the Q had to get their ties to expand west! Time period is probably between 1920s at the earliest, and no later than 1950. Diesels will exist as switchers, and maybe a Zephyr and a freight E-unit lashup or two, but mostly, we're going for steam power.

Glad to be here, and definitely going to be reading every post in the logging section... I used to survey and setup timber sales in the Colorado forests, as well as forest fire fighting "Everywhere West!" to use the Q connection...

I'm also a Photoshop hacker, so I hope to be posting some photos for the enjoyment of fellow modelers..

2. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

Hi Kirk,

Glad you could join us. Looking forward to layout updates and pics!
  3. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Welcome Aboard, Kirk :) :D Glad you decided to join us :)
  4. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Welcome Kirk. Gaugers love pictures. If you haven't already found them, we have a forum dedicated to photos and then there's the Gallery, a nice place to start an album. We always seem to have at least one photo contest going; this month we have two, so join in if you will.:wave: :wave: