Newbie coupler question

Discussion in 'FAQs' started by eastsider, Jun 7, 2009.

  1. eastsider

    eastsider New Member

    I just found my old N scale train set from when I was a kid in my mom's attic. I set it up and my 6 year old son loves it. The trainset is a Bachmann and has the old rapido style couplers attached to the bottom of the cars. Is it possible to change these out with knuckle couplers and if so, can someone point me in the right direction as far as a brand and/or website or a "how to" link? I would like to add to the set but it seems that everything new has knuckle couplers. Also, do all knuckle couplers work well together? I'm already looking a layouts to make with my son since he likes it so much :mrgreen:.

  2. ytter_man

    ytter_man Member

  3. eastsider

    eastsider New Member

    Thanks for the info. Just one more dumb question. In the conversion table for Bachmann passenger or freight cars, body mount, it says "Body mount (refer to the body mount applications section in the conversion guide for instructions)." I do not see the coupler model number or applications section anywhere on their website. Do you have any ideas on where to look?

Share This Page